Food Discussion : RECIPE FORUM

Sister Nisa ... Family ... i'm wondering, before this forum grows too large ... should we categorize the recipes? I can create individual forums, within this one, to accomodate the different recipes.

i'm not sure how it should be categorized though.

i'm thinking something like this:

Vegetarian
Meats
Desserts / Cookies (mmmmmm ... me love cookies)!
Pasta
Vegetables
African Dishes

i don't know ... what categories am i missing ... whatchall think?

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:
Sister Nisa ... Family ... i'm wondering, before this forum grows too large ... should we categorize the recipes? I can create individual forums, within this one, to accomodate the different recipes.

i'm not sure how it should be categorized though.

i'm thinking something like this:

Vegetarian
Meats
Desserts / Cookies (mmmmmm ... me love cookies)!
Pasta
Vegetables
African Dishes

i don't know ... what categories am i missing ... whatchall think?

Destee

I was thinking the exact same thing..We could add beverages...low sodium..diabetic..vegan..recipes for people with high cholesterol as well

Sister Nisa ... i want the categories / forums to be as major as possible, we don't need 50 different recipe forums ... i think it will be a bit much to categorize them into low sodium, diabetic, high cholesterol, low fat, low calorie, etc. If we find that we need to add new categories, because we're getting a lot of one kind of recipe, then we can do that as the need arises.

In most cases, folk can tell by the ingredients, if it fits in those categories ... i certainly recognized that the "Smack Yo' Momma Mac & Cheese" recipe is low calorie! :) In addition each Member adding recipes can kinda mention if it qualifies for one of those descriptions if they'd like.

Okay Sister Nisa ... i listed those categories above, but that was just for discussion ... if you would ... please give me a new list of what the categories should be, and the order you think they should be in ... we can play with it from there ... maybe some other Members have suggestions.

Thanks Sister and Family.

Destee

Destee said:
Sister Nisa ... i want the categories / forums to be as major as possible, we don't need 50 different recipe forums ... i think it will be a bit much to categorize them into low sodium, diabetic, high cholesterol, low fat, low calorie, etc. If we find that we need to add new categories, because we're getting a lot of one kind of recipe, then we can do that as the need arises.

In most cases, folk can tell by the ingredients, if it fits in those categories ... i certainly recognized that the "Smack Yo' Momma Mac & Cheese" recipe is low calorie! :) In addition each Member adding recipes can kinda mention if it qualifies for one of those descriptions if they'd like.

Okay Sister Nisa ... i listed those categories above, but that was just for discussion ... if you would ... please give me a new list of what the categories should be, and the order you think they should be in ... we can play with it from there ... maybe some other Members have suggestions.

Thanks Sister and Family.

Destee

:lol: i understand. I got carried away over here. I think what you listed was fine..now lets see what the rest of the family have to say.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back