Receiving Error Message

Discussion in 'Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions' started by MrBlak, Jul 16, 2004.

1. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    test to see if destee is working

2. MrBlak

Ratings:
    +9
    IF A MODERATOR IS READING THIS, WHY CANT I POST A NEW THREAD? I HAVE TRIED THREE TIMES ON TWO FORUMS.

3. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I'm truly sorry to hear this Mr.Blak! Just hold on a little bit, I'll see if I can get you an answer or some help!

4. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Brother Blak

Here is a suggestion, try hitting the reload or back button when this happens, then try to post again.

I will be checking to see if you post something new. If you don't I'll know there still is a problem. Help will be on the way! :wink:

I hope this helps you!

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hi MrBlak ... :wave:

What is the error message you are receiving when you try to create a new thread?

Please tell me what's happening, because nothing should be hindering your posting abilities.

:heart:

Destee

6. MrBlak

Ratings:
    +9
    I just tried it again...when I clicked reload it told me I am trying to post a duplicate thread.

Anyways, here is the error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46 bytes) in /home/httpd/vhosts/destee.com/httpdocs/forums/includes/functions.php on line 468
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe my threads did post somewhere, I am gonna look......but I doubt it.

Thanks purple moons and destee!!! I'll wait for your responses on what to do.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    MrBlak ... :cry: ... i'm so sorry you're having THAT error message come up! I'm not sure what to tell you how to get around it. It seems to come and go at its leisure! I've seen it too, keeping me from creating new threads, and it stops showing up eventually ... but it is very aggravating when it pops up ... ggrrrrrrrr ... so i know what you're going through.

I plan to upgrade our forum software soon, i'm hoping that this may fix it permanently. I was going to try and do that this weekend, but i've not done the testing yet, so i'm not sure i'll be able to pull all of that off over the weekend.

It's not you MrBlak, it's the system. All i can say is that it will eventually go away, if it does you like it has done me and others. Yeah, i may be doing this upgrade this weekend no matter how challenging it's gonna be for me ... 'cause i don't want you or any of us to keep experiencing this.

I wish i had a better answer for you ... but i don't.

It's weird ... i've seen where this error will allow you to create a new thread, even though you're getting this error message ... try this ... create a new thread, and let "TEST" in the subject ... and any ol' text in the body ... and watch it take it ... it's just giving you trouble doing what you really wanna do ... you can then go back and edit that post, giving it the actual title and content that you want ... but this is a lot of work ... just to create a new thread.

Hopefully i can get this corrected permanently over the weekend.

I apologize for the inconvenience. :cry:

Destee

8. MrBlak

Ratings:
    +9
    thanks

:grouphug:

Thanks Destee!!!

I saved my post to wordpad this time....I will try once in a while and can wait till you fix the site since I wont forget what I wanted to say.

:star:

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    MrBlak ... thank you for your patience with me.

Destee

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    MrBlak ... i've upgraded our forum software, so let me know if you get that error again.

Thanks again for your patience.

Destee