Black Spirituality Religion : "Receive ye the Holy Spirit"

Willie345

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 12, 2020
"Receive ye the Holy Spirit"

It saddens me to say this, but in our fervent desire to say that Jesus is not the God of the Bible, we find it almost impossible to believe what he meant when he said, "Receive ye the Holy Spirit." Or "Receive me as the Holy Spirit." Or "I will come to you as the Holy Spirit." And this is because as Christians, we refuse to let the Holy Spirit "guide us into all truth." That is to say, we refuse to let the Holy Spirit "guide us into all truth" about Jesus as God.

Let me explain:

In Deuteronomy 6:4 we read this about Jesus: "Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one person." The Jews call this the Shema, or the Hearing, obeying. It is one of the oldest recitations in the Jewish religion, specifically stating the oneness or singularity of God. The Shema has been uttered by Jewish martyrs throughout the ages as their absolute belief in the one God of mankind.

The early Christian disciples knew this, too. That's why they professed Jesus as this God , and worshiped him as such. But this was before the later Christian converts messed it up by saying that God is 2-3 separate persons, or that the Father and the Holy Spirit are separate Gods from Jesus!

See, what our preachers are doing wrong is not understanding how God as Jesus speaks about himself in the Gospels, and in the writings of Paul, too. That is to say, the Father and the Holy Spirit are not two other Gods, but Jesus' other two names. We see this all through the 4 Gospels, especially in the Book of John and 1 Corinthians 14, 15, and 16.

So when Jesus says the "Father sent me", or "I go to the Father," he is speaking of himself by his other name. Or by the name Jesus use when he make command decisions! And in John 14 when he says "In my Fathers house," he is speaking of himself, too. Only in the third person. In fact, every tine he mentions the Father he is talking about himself by his other name.

Remember when Phillip asked Jesus to show him the Father? Jesus replied: "Have I been with you all this time, Phillip, and yet you still don't know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. The Father and I are the same person."

The same is true when Jesus speaks of the Holy Spirit. That is to say, the Holy Spirit is the name he use when he wants to inspire us to believe in him. Jesus said it this way in John 14:15-18: "If you love me, obey my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth." And as I said above, the Father is the name Jesus use when he make command decisions.

Jesus continues: "The world at large cannot receive him because it isn't looking for him and
doesn't recognize him. But you do, because he lives with you now and later will be in you. No I will not abandon you as orphans-I will come to you."

And in John 15:26 Jesus says this of the Holy Spirit: "... he will tell you about me," i.e., "he is me!"

We see Jesus as the Holy Spirits in the Psalms, too. David says it this way in Psalm 143:8-11: "Save me from my enemies, Lord; I run to you to hide me. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward." See, David is saying that Jesus and his spirit are the same. For if Jesus' spirit is leading David forward, Jesus is leading David forward.

In Psalm 51 David says it like this. "Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a right spirit within me. Do not banish me from your presence, and don't take your Holy Spirit from me." So again, if David is asking Jesus not to take his Holy Spirit from him, David is asking Jesus not to take himself from him. Thus, Paul states it this way in 2 Corinthians 3:17: "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."

So as I said, the Spirit is his other name, too!

So I will say it again. In our fervent desire to say Jesus is not God, we have completely missed the spiritual meaning of what Jesus meant when he made his famous statement, "Receive ye the Holy Spirit." Otherwise said, "Receive me as the Holy Spirit." Or "After I am risen from the dead, I will come back to you as the Holy Spirit."

And this has been going on for many years. And as far as I can see, it is not about to change now. We say it like this, "I learned this in Sunday School when I was a child, and I will not change it now." Or "You are trying to take my faith from me, and I will n
ot let you!" Or we just walk away and don't say anything else as a sign of disgust!

But this does not have to be true for us. Paul says it like this in 2 Corinthians 3:14: "For the people's minds were hardened, and to this day whenever the (Bible) is read, the same veil covers their minds so they cannot understand the truth." And then Paul goes on to say, "And this veil can be removed only by believing in Christ (as God)."

See, people have known that Jesus is God from the earliest of times, but they will not worship him as God. Romans 1 says it this way: "For the truth about God is known to them instinctively. God has put this truth in their hearts. From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and the sky and all that God made. They can clearly see his invisible qualities-his power and divine nature. So they have no excuse whatsoever for not worshiping him. …"

And who is the God "who made" the earth and the sky? … Jesus!

It continues: "Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn't worship him as God or give him thanks." Translated: "Yes, they knew Jesus as God, but they wouldn't worship him as God, or give him thanks for being God." Or as Paul said in 1 Corinthians 10:9 of the people in the wilderness: "Nor should we put Christ to the test, as some of them did and then died from snakebites."

See, what God as Jesus is doing is revealing (John 17:6) his other two names to us so we can get to know him better. This is what people do when they like you, they give you their other names. As Jesus tells us in John 16: "I have spoken of these matters in parables, but the time will come when this will not be necessary, and I will tell you plainly about the Father (and the Holy Spirit)."

It continues: "Then his disciples said, 'At last you are speaking plainly and not in parables.'" Thus, Jesus says to us in John 4:26: "I am he!"

So here is the rule to live by: Any God other than Jesus is a false God!

So as that old song says: "
Jesus on the main line, tell Him what you want!"

Stay safe,

Rev. Autrey

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back