Black History : Rebellious Slaves......

As would I. But my ancestors were slaves in the U.S., not Mexico, ergo, my ancestors' bravery, gallantry and will to be free are as important to YELL FROM THE ROOFTOPS as all others. It was being "murmurred" on this thread.

I feel and think even you aren't aware of the indian/black/etc. connections, i. e., which did (if not does) characterize our ancestors etc. shared resistance efforts/....

Some indigenous folk sheltered blacks who had stole back their freedom, aka the Underground Railroad, whereas on black indian and his allies helped to free as many as Harriet Tubman had, on her own....

I .e., it's took place, during what white historicians call the Second Seminole War....

Find out about John Horse and the Black Seminoles...

Resistance is just that: And it inspires people around the globe, such as the Haitian revolution did, way back when....The Russian and Chinese Revolutions did, during my and today's generations....

FY

As do I. Which is why I am aware of the history of many in the diaspora, as well as on the continent. However, I will not disrespect my direct ancestors.... nor will I allow others to elevate their own at the expense of mine.

But it's all good. The Black Seminoles are in our consciousness, as are the maroons of other diasporean communities.

Do go back and hear or read Malcolm's 'grassroots' speech....

I. e., the issue and problem is our folk are the only ones who don't unite for their own best interests, wherever they and their relations wind up...

FYI...

I feel and think even you aren't aware of the indian/black/etc. connections, i. e., which did (if not does) characterize our ancestors etc. shared resistance efforts/....

Some indigenous folk sheltered blacks who had stole back their freedom, aka the Underground Railroad, whereas on black indian and his allies helped to free as many as Harriet Tubman had, on her own....

I .e., it's took place, during what white historicians call the Second Seminole War....

Find out about John Horse and the Black Seminoles...

Resistance is just that: And it inspires people around the globe, such as the Haitian revolution did, way back when....The Russian and Chinese Revolutions did, during my and today's generations....

FY

Why the resistance to blacks taking PRIDE in a black slave rebellion on U.S. soil where blacks gained their freedom on the battlefield?

Oh, and I assure you, I am well aware of John Horse (whom I've already referenced) as well as the 2nd Seminole War, fought over a black woman. I take pride in not only my racial heritage, but my tribal (African-American) heritage as well.

Bye.

Giving props to our own ancestors is our choice and our right....

Nobody is denying your that right, but for you to believe we here honor everybody else's resistance efforts, don't honor our own, is a misconception of people you've never met, and/or kinda sorta a misunderstanding of who we be, either the handful of us here, or among like minded folk, thurout this nation, etc.

FYI...

:10200:

Really? Nat Turner, Denmark Vessey, Gabriel Prosser.... their rebellions were successful?

Define successful?

To me they succeeded in breaking the mental chains and fighting back against their oppressors as well as setting a precedent for future generations. The succeeded in not only scaring the hell out of white people, but kikling some too.

U seem hell bent on using the term unsuccessful and attaching it to some i ur black heroes to diminish them?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back