Black Entertainment : Reality TV

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by CarrieMonet, Aug 24, 2004.

1. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    Do you watch any of the reality t.v. shows? If so, which ones do you like?

2. AfroBoricuaRoni

AfroBoricuaRoni Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    :)

DO I! Maaaaaaaaaaan, I watches me some Apprentice, Amish in the City, occasionally I force myself to watch the Player. When I had cable I watched Real World faithfully until all these anorexic, promiscuous, "hookin' up" types came on there just to live like heathens in front of a camera. It used to be about different people bringing a variety of personalities to the stage. Now it's like an episode of Girls Gone Wild infomercials every tuesday night.

Do you watch? Which ones do you watch?

3. sweetbrownsugar

sweetbrownsugar Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I love "SURVIVOR"!!!! (CBS) It's messed up that they only put 1(or 2) sistas or brothas on there but This is My show! (Survivor Outback, Africa, Borneo, Pearl Island, Panama, Marquesas, Thailand, Amazon, The All Star Show! And yes! I will be watching September's upcoming Survivor: Vanuatu!)

Oops! Can't Forget FEAR FACTOR! (It ain't everyday that you get to watch nasty people eating nasty stuff and doing crazy/dangerous stuff for CASH.

4. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Reality TV sucks. It takes work from Actors and is just pitiful and non entertaining television.

JMO..... (Copyright Toylin)

5. Sangofa

Sangofa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    I watch the Real World, Road Rules and The Jessica Simpson Show.

6. Alkebulan

Alkebulan Well-Known Member MEMBER

slacker
    Ratings:
    +8
    i agree w man, reality tv does suc, but then, so does tv n general. most of tv watching is nothing mor than indulging n xtravegent mind numbing escapist mental indolence.

reality tv is the mass media version of corporate restructuring: instead of paying scriptwriters, copyeditors, set designers, & real actors 2 play roles, y not select from the bottomless pit of unemployed wannabe's, & pay them chump change 2 hate on e/o & degrade themselves. even f it bombs, so what? it cost onlly a small fraction of what it would hv cost 2 produce an actual quality program, and it generates better commercial revenue per production dollar cost. it's all about the $$'s.

the only 1 i've watched is last comic standing. it's 90% non nutritive filler, & 10% stand-up comedy. i look 4ward 2 the day when i'll watch tv less than 3 hrs a week. (i'm not far from that now, but then, it's not football season yet :wink: )

7. Aisha

Aisha Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't watch very many anymore they are getting old. I last I watched America's Top Model 2 (the one where Mercede's was wrongfully not chosen) and I like the Trading Spouses show.

Hey Alkebulan,
    Thanks so much for that info I never thought of Reality TV that way, Ill pas that along to my friends.

Aisha

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    i've seen a few but never really got into it much

9. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I checked out the new Boxing Reality Show (hosted by Oscar DeLa Hoya) last night; however, I don't think I will tune in for the long run. There was a definate "White Hope" theme happening, and the white fighter make some extreme racist comments against Blacks & Latinos: "Blacks & Latinos grow up in the ghetto fighting, while whites grow up with books in there hands." "I know all the Blacks & Latinos hope I'll lose this fight." If this wasn't bad enough I felt he lost the fight on TV, but was award the decision. This definately left a bad taste in my mouth...I smell a "fix"! :censored:

10. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    Dang...I missed that show, I wanted to see it too.

The Apprentice starts tonight, it's one of the only shows I watch.