Black Women : Reality Check

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Azzura76, May 13, 2003.

1. Azzura76

Azzura76 Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    This is for those who think that the past and the games you've played won't come back to haunt you.

I watched Girlfriends last night, actually since Lin decided to do the story on Sistas with Aids(Not the same name for it)I told my friend that I am Lin(a person who had many sexual partners, a problem with holding down a job, not focus on the future, not caring what I was doing to my self and so on).

People who cared for me told me about myself, told me I need to grow up and pick another path because the one I'm on will destroy me. Well It did. You never Know how bad something is until it bites you on the bottom.

I don't want to be that person who's traveling the world telling people my story on how I contracted AIDS. I don't want to destroy myself anymore. I've decided to change ME. I realized
    God's giving me MY second chance. He knows I can and will do better. I wouldn't call it luck when I say I am free of AIDS. Because
    It doesn't feel that way, it feels more like I dodge a Bullet.

I am now 27 and I am living natural, peaceful, drama free, stress free, I take better care of me, I respect ME and my body.
    I have a chance to make my present and future right. Most don't get that chance and to be honest I feel Lucky about that.

I have a friend who's on the same destructive path and what I do is share my story with her. I am not perfect and not looking forward to being perfect, I just want to live better.

I sought my soul,
    But my soul I could not see.
    I sought my God,
    But my God eluded me.
    I sought myself,
    And I found All three.

I believe that we can never gain any
    peace of mind until we secure our own soul.

:heart: I LOVE ME:love:

2. diva08

diva08 Well-Known Member MEMBER

elementary music teacher
    Ratings:
    +0
    that's so beautiful. now you can share your testimony and be a blessing to those who were in your situation and encourage them to change. that is so inspiring. may God bless you and your life.

d

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    indeed ur a blessing
    so beautiful how u share the true facts
    upon so many who need to hear
    may ya heart be comfort and the blessing continue
    well felt here

4. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,858
    I don't know how I missed this thread all these many months. I'm glad I finally saw it. Azzura, if you're still around, I applaud you for finding your truth and for having the courage to make changes in your life so that you can be a better person. I hope you're still following your righteous path.

Peace and encouragement!
    :heart:

5. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    same here I love the end of your post and I am SO glad you found ALL three :)

6. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

:bowdown:

I commend you for the introspection and the fortitude it took to share this.

And I thank you for being a vessel so that another Black woman can, hopefully, learn with you.