Black People : Real Sholarship Liberates/ Street Scholarship keps one in the street and out in the Cold

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Bobby Hemmitt, Duke of Tours, Ta Seti, Dr Valentine, Azzazel Bey,
    and a host of sundry other brothers,
    mean well and have good intentions

but the road to hell is paved with good intentions!

Street scholarship, came about with the debasement of the inner city education system,
    the closing of black studies in many univesities, the removal of history and science classes as mandatory,
    and the raising of city and community college tuitions,
    to practicly private college level.

Street scholars take advantage of those who have not read or studied any real scholars,
    or are not familiar with a true knowledge of self and ones antiquity
    as well as African culture in any form.

The youtube has now taken the place of great books and libraries,
    that are at the root of Black history,
    from the library of Alexandria, the volumes of text in Timbuctu,
    to the Harlem repository of Black studies crated by Arthur Schomburg

Google, Yahoo, Bing an other search engines, may or may not serve the purpose of the Black family, parents and children, and perhaps we need
    our own search engines for cogent and clear top listed references to
    Our Story and Our Current Events and News.

A list of some real No BS Scholars;
    Carter G Woodson
    Lerone Bennet
    Arthur Shomberg
    Leon Hansberrry
    John Jackson
    JA Rogers
    Countee Culen
    Zora Neale Hurston
    Dr John Henrik Clarke
    Dr Benjamin Jochannan
    Professor Mackie
    Professor Scobie
    Theophile Obenga
    Chiek Anta Diop
    Ivan Van Sertima
    Dr Francis Cress Welsing
    Dr Marimba Ani
    Dr Molefi Asante
    Dr Amos Wilson
    Ishakmusa Barashango
    Dr Wade Nobles
    Ashwa Kweisi
    Anthony Browder
    Asa Hilliard

these are true sholars who do not try to mix relgion with science

As far as the UFO phenomenon, there are some folks who are
    cogent;
    Dr Jacque Vallee
    Dr Steven Greer
    Richard Hoagland
    Jim Marrs
    Allen Hynek
    Robert Dean
    Timothy Good
    Dr Michael Wolf
    Clifford Stone
    Phillip Corso
    George C Andrews
    dr Jack Kasher
    Dr Sun Shi Li

The difference between True Scholarhip and street scholarship,
    is tht true scholarship, alows the student to look at the objective view,
    and too develop critical thinking, and critical analysis

The oligarchy seeks not only to dumb down the childrn in this nation but the parents as well.
    The aveage American white person is hard pressed,
    for an acumen in basic history, physics, chemistry, biology, astronomy, or geometry.

The high schools since the 80s have destroyed the childs personal interaction and active involvement with math and science.

drawing with squares and compass ( no not Mah's son!) have been take out of geometry,
    and problem solving has been take out of algebra. Studnets are now allowed to use caculators for trigonometry tests, instead of slide rules.

In biology, chemistry and physics the most important leaning tool, the labratory , has been removed as well, in al but specialized high shools

Therfore , this is not spaming any on lin book store, or any Black book store or that matter,
    this is to reiteate to one and al the importance of buying the books of the above true Black scholars, since they are going out of print and many basic titles are hard to find!

The UFO authors, may wind up with similar situations as well as
    progressive history authors like;
    Howard Zinn, Noam Chomsky, Carrol Quigley, Studs Terkel, Mae Brusses,
    Webster Tarpely, Peter Dale Scott, Jim Keith, Michael Ruppert, Mark Lane, Naomi Klien, Catherine Austin Fitts, William Cooper, Dr John Coleman, Lyndon Larouche
    and Wayne Masden,

2. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    What is your opinion of the Artes Liberales?

3. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Man! You are so right!!!

That is just amazing what you wrote! I would have never been able to conclude in the way that you have done. Wow!

And I also agree with you too, about the math and 'the calculators' being taken away from Black students, and the science classes in which they took away the labs! As a math teacher of whom taught in predominantly Black setting in th public schools and charter, that is just what happened. But went into a rage and demanded that my student have calculators and the administration became hostile against me for this reason. They said tht the Black children would steal the calculators and break them. But when they finally gave me my correct order and amount from the library, I made sure to prep my students before they were allowed to use them and I made them apart of the process of handing out and collecting them everyday. In short, all my calculators were accounted for, that year because of my class, the math scores soared and for the first time, our school was in the newspapers and i was rewarded highly, however, they moved me from the 'Black' hall and assigned me to be the Math teacher for the advance Math subjects of which were mostly White American students. In the charter school, my student had a math teacher but had failed the yearly math exam miserably and I soon found out that the teacher had a history degree. they brought me in after the first semester and the first thing I had to do was to press the students, parents and admin to get those math students, especially the 8th graders of whom had to learn trig, the right kind of calculators with the trig functions. They students were so shocked and amazed at the capability of how the calculators functioned when I began to teach them trig. In short, they became so eager about math that I was in shock myself. All but one of my students pass the exams with high scores...but I was exhausted by the end of the year. In my science classes, I caused the public schools to get angry because I went through 'the white halls' and demanded to have 'disection boards', microscopes and lab materials, test tubes, crucibles... they told me it had been years and the students didn't need it and i was told that the Black students would not respect it and vandalize, but I insisted. I had to order and buy my own earthworms and frogs, but the outcome was incredible. I kid you not!-- I had full attendance the entire spring quarter and my Black students of whom were known throughout the school to be problem kids...you would have never believed it if you came into my classroom. Those kids loved me so much...I couldn't get rid of them sometimes at the end of the day. They would come by my class room before going to the bus just to give me a hug. But i also want to say that some of the admin and certain teachers that came to be disrespectful to me because of wht i requested were Black.

4. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Bruh why you asking me about Artes Liberates?

Jai deja repondu avotre question, dans le thread!

5. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    You see sister Chevron Dove what you have said has put me into a rage of anger, and a great deal of shame

Powerful and innovative, Black teachers like yourself

focused for the concerns of Black children, should not at this late and technologicaly advanced period of our African history,
    bear such indignities alone or un supported!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Since the time of Marva Collins we should have about

6 Black education think tanks in this nation

well funded and well staffed to give you and other Powerful teachers in this nation the support they need against the intentional dumbing down of our children

6. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    It is Artes Liberales, not Artes Liberates.

I asked your opinion on it.
    The implication was Nubians studying Artes Libarales for self improvement and knowledge modifying it, of course, for their dispositions and culture.

7. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Wow! Thank you so much for this comment too in addition to what you wrote earlier. It is so hard to progress without the kind of help you just described. I know that during those young formative years, those young Black students usually begin to decide at that time to want to go farther in academics and further education. i heard them firsthand. They begin to develop amazing critical skills and have long attention spans during this time and the government have studied and know this, so they do so many things to stop the developing young Black student right at this critical phase of their development and soon, many of them become totally discouraged. When i think back to that time of my life, it was then that I began to love academics and learning immensely and wanted to become a science teacher. I used to play 'teacher' for hours and hours, and I continued to excel in the areas of science and later, Math all the way up through college. It's heartrendering as a teacher too, to know and understand how our culture is being underhandedly cut down in this way. They are coming at our youth. And then as you have said, later even if they decide to want to learn more, they end up becoming dependant upon 'Street Scholoarship'[!!!] who take advantage of others from this persepective. We deserve better than that. We've got some learned men and women out there with valid credentials and they need to be given the opportunity and government funds to educate us but this has not happened.

8. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    We have already provided the government funds with our tax dollars, and we must protest and boycott the benefactors of the vulture politicians for those funds, alocated as you say, but

we spend billions on foolishness, cwings, energy drinks, blunts, caffeiene malt liqour, and lottery scratch offs,

that we could more appropriatly , put together, across the 50 states for the purpose you mention.

A think Tank should not be a non profit, influenced by funds outside the community

9. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    Ankhur,

How do you feel about dr. ben?

10. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730