Black Relationships : Real luv!A myth or a reality?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Lloyd, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Hello everybody!
    I want Ur opinion about this topic!
    When I was about 18 years old,I was with a half black and half white beautiful girl.It was so wonderful b/c when I was in pain she was there,when I wanted to share my joy,she was there and vice versa!Our relationship was different of the others b/c it wasn't based on sex,but on dialogue!We were planning our future together,whishing to have 3 children lol..So that makes me learn more,stop my gangsta behaviour,fight to have the opportunity to be her shoulder without relyin' on my parents' money!We was so happy!
    But one thing happened one year and a few months later;she needed to go to her mom's country (France)!I was a little bit sad(no!I was desesperated!)She promised me to keep me in her heart,to fight for our common future too!
    Altough she told me that,my elder sister (Ashley-21 years old at this time-)made me wonder:"When she kiss U",she said"she is looking at the other boys"!****!And what I did is to go and ask her if she was sincere with me."I do",she said!
    But a few days later,she told me that there was no more "us" and she gaved her virginity to a French boy!
    Despite my sadness,I decide not to go back to my bad things!The others I always complainin' about this handsome and young guy who put the limit to party,who wants to study harder and harder,who don't enjoy the beauty of girls buy havin' sex with 'em!
    I'm what I am and I don't want to follow the crowd just to be accept!If U luv me,luv the REAL me,and not what U want me to be!So I'm here asking U this question "Is luv a myth or a reality?"
    Lloyd

2. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    It's a reality, but you have to find someone who is really capable of giving genuine love. Anyone can say "I love you" but not too many people have the slightest idea of how to show it. I've heard it so may times but there are only one or two women that I actually believed it from. Not because I'm not worthy of being loved, but because I know how people are. Just don't worry about it man. People ususally realize what they are missing the hard way.

3. Beautiful18

Beautiful18 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Love is such a myth, people tell stories about it and lie about it but in all REALITY, love is a lie.
    "But when it comes to love
    I don’t believe it exists
    Love is a fairytale… a painful emotion
    One that can rip your very core
    And in turn…you can become a shell
    If you are not careful
    Love can kill your spirit
    Damage your heart
    Steep you into dysfunction
    Love is a lie"

This is part of one of my poems and thats exactly how I feel about love, do't let the fairy tale endings fool you. The most you'll get to love is finding a person ur so compatible with, you two can say "you'll walk 1000 miles for each other and would do anything for each other" ya'll can say these things when things seem all good, but at soon as theirs a turning point in the relationship, someone will back down, or someone will have thoughts about up and leaving, love is just a lie. Love is death the only time we truly love is when the persons minds, body and soul is taken away from us, thats when we love because everyone wants and love and starts too appreciate the right way something they can no longer have. Love is a Lie

4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I think that is very true, that most people love you until they find something better or as long as it's beneficial to them to love you. I do think that there are people out there that want to be with someone and try to make a future together. I don't think it's like the fairy tales or anything like that. I think it's more or less finding someone that you get along great with. Someone who you want to be with and they want to be with you. Supporting eachother through hard times and teaching eachother. Someone who makes you a better person. Someone that you want to make happy and vice versa. The problem is that it's so hard (if not impossible) nowadays to find someone who is not totally into themselves so much that they can't begin to make another person happy. I don't think most people will ever find what they are looking for in a mate, but tons of people will settle just for the sake of having someone. So there are a lot of people saying they are in love but really aren't and there are a lot of people capable of really loving someone, but the options aren't there. I do believe in real love but I think it is out of the reach for most people, including myself.

5. SwtT

SwtT Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educational/Human Resources field
    Ratings:
    +28
    Don't let your past stop you from what you might find in your future......

Love is real, it finds us, so don't go searching for it:) . You kiss a lot of "frogs" along the way.....it's in God'ds blueprint for us if we ever find our soulmate or not. What the girl has done to you , take it as a learning experience and move one you know? Life can be like that sometimes

6. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks!!!

For sharin' Ur point of view with me!I'm sure it will help me to grow!In this life,we can't do anythin' really good and great 4 us by ourselves;we're always in need of someone else!And I'm in need of y'all!

Peace
    Lloyd

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    love is a lie to the hurt and painfulness many feel
    but true LOVE is REAL and alive love can hold
    a couple together for many years bad mix emotions
    from a relationship can seem like a myth but true Love
    is a inner deep feeling and holds it's own u can love
    in ways untouched it's reality and real....................