Black Poetry : "Real Black Men"-Why Dont You See Us?

...Brother LP Brother LP ...

Lets see... okay where do I begin :read:
I dont really know you all too well Brother Lil Pea
Matter of a fact I think you came through right around the time of my Destee.com hiatus
Ive encountered you a couple times in chat and youve always been nothing but cool to me and come across as a real laidback respectful individual :read:

I dont always get time to reply and I enjoy taking time to respond to what I read. So I often come in and peek around at threads and then remind myself to come back in and comment.

Your piece right here :look: Wellllll.... :)
I grew up in a household of black men lol Some of the best and very worst of em. But your piece reminded me of what I always loved about em about black men. I thought about the many little things that you all do that go unappreciated. Things that will never garner a parade or a special holiday but without you all - well - things just fall apart otherwise. I mustve gotten on my phone and attempted to reach my fathers(yep even my biological pop)/uncles/big brothers/cousins etc you name it and left them messages lol
Sounding all crazy on the phone singing stevie and crying talkin bout ":em0900: I just callllled to sayyyyyy i love youuuuuu" LOL

smh

So my brother :) I have so much more respect and admiration for you than I already had after this piece and in following suit with my sexy sisters asimplepoet, QueenT, & Roxanne... Imma leave my poetic 2 cents up in hurrr too :)

MUCH props to you Poet :bowdown:

Even If I Tried

I couldn’t love you any more if I tried
Runaway embers from firestorm love burning flames that will never subside
You
– black man -
my
– black man -
Upbeat to my down
Bass to my sound
Rhythm to my blues
Sexy step in my shoes
Circuit to my breaker
My gift from the Maker
- You are -
daybreak on my horizon
safe box my heart lies in
spotlight on my stage
if Im the story you’re the page
if this is my last track then youre immediately next
Inhale to my ex-
-static I am just to say your name
whats good black man?:look:
Only the first quarter and you’ve claimed the game
And steady still putting points on the board
“holding open doors”
effervescently you bring out the best in me
“just to see me smile”
you would walk a mile through snowstorm hail thunder rain and sleet
incomparably imitations attempt to replace but fail to compete
teacher of my child
father of my son
protector of my womb
half of my ONE
black man
my
black man
continuously…
… causing me…
to search the universe in the pursuit of words befitting the worth of your description
but settling for earthly vocabulary with muted contrition
because no language, no dialect, no text, no scribe
can do justice to you
black man - in whom my spirit I confide
I love you
Nakupenda

swahili
Te amo
spanish
Ou te alofa ia oe
samoan
My abounding affection I can never hide
You
- black man-
my
black man
I couldn’t love you any more if I tried

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Greeting...

Sister Astrologer4U...
Thank you...My Question for you is when will we be granted the opportunity to gaze on the face of the celestials stars?..lol

Sister Roxanne...
We are blessed to have u back with us again. I am honored to have u read my work..it is all so pleasing to know that the sisters do see us, and know that we are Real Black Men. Our armer may be Little worn and tarnished but our hearts are shining like the brightest star in the sky. And please believe... this black man See's all...hahahhah
As all ways your flow is smooth and teasing...and I am learning...please keep on flowing for us. I enjoy them so much. Thank You.

Sister 4EVERLUV
Wow now this is an honor, I have been reading your pieces from day one and u have always left me in aw...so yes this is a big honor for me. It is good to know that we are not going unnoticed. For we work just to get a sister to say HI...hahahahahha

Sister cocobutterskyn...
As I stated with Sister 4EVERLUV Real Black Men do work hard just for a sister to say HI...We are like the tires on your car...three of us work hard and just go right alone working and working. It's the forth one that keeps giving u all that trouble and it gets all the attention. I thank you for your response.
MaddBrothalyluv back@cha

MyQueen MyQueen MyQueen:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
If I had to give u another name it would be the "mother of mankind". For that is truly what u should have been..There's no way this world would have been in this condition if you were. Not with that mean left hook :SuN023:... as alway your flow just blows me away Thank you so much for taking the time to response.

Brother baller...
I too am glad to make your acquaintance tho I've just started reading your pieces I've enjoyed them so much. It seems as though you've be butting pen to paper for a long time..going to have to go the archive to read the rest. Thank u so much for your response.

Brother Clyde...
Float..Flow onnn..FloatFloat..Flow onnn...feel me?

Brother DSS...
Wow the big guns jumping in....thanks bro Glad your feeling me.

Lilpea:1on1:

lilpea,

I feel you lilpea, I feel you My Brother, and My Friend!

Well brother lilpea, anytime something is written that evokes this much from it's respondents...well you know you've lit a fire up in here. I can't add much more, it's all pretty much been said. I don't tend to attract thugs, nor am I drawn to them. Perhaps we all need to look deeper within each other, for there we shall see our own selves within the core of all that beauty. Wonderful flowbacks everyone...wow. Props to ya poet lilpea.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back