Black People : Read quick before deleted

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by rayh78, Nov 10, 2003.

1. rayh78

rayh78 New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I was suprised my post were deleted from this forum for offering a different view point.
    I can only guess the administrator was scare the people on this form could not back up the views or carry on a debate.
    No problems will ever be solved between people if are afraid to dicuss it.
    But I guess if the problems were ever solved owners of this forum would be out of business.

2. Nia Maishani

Nia Maishani Well-Known Member MEMBER

Business Owner
    Displaced at the Junction of Hoosiers and Bluegras
    Ratings:
    +1
    ?????????????????????????

Rayh78, would you mind elaborating? Are you sure your post was deleted? If so, I must let you know that if it was deleted, it was not because of your viewpoint, but perhaps the way that you stated your opinion. There are rules in this forum, that we all must respect and adhere to, and if a rule is broken in the way you composed your post (using profanities, slander, personal attacks, etc. is not tolerated), then it will be deleted, and rightfully so.

The Adminstrator/Owner of this forum is not getting paid to provide us with this forum (not by us, the users, anyway). I think you should re-think your last statement, because this forum is about so much more than problem solving; it provides entertainment, education, and free expression & sharing of artistic talents, just to name a few of the other reasons we congregate here. So even absent of an arena where we can discuss resolutions to problems that plague our community, this forum would still provide many of us with other reasons to come here.

I am hopeful that your intention in coming here is to share your unique viewpoints, talents, personality, etc. in a positive manner with like-minded folk in a family-oriented atmosphere. If that is the case, then welcome. Hopefully, your adverse initial impression was nothing more than a simple misunderstanding.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Rayh78 ... trust that if we did not want you to be able to post here, no amount of telling folk to read your posts quickly would help ... for they'd never be allowed to be added. You might want to keep this in mind if you choose to continue to share your thoughts with us.

:heart:

Destee

4. rayh78

rayh78 New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    My post were deleted sometime monday after posting and staying on over the weekend. I do beleive the post were in line with the rules, like other post on this forum.
    I was looking for a place to discuss both side of the issue to try to understand it more. I usually only hear blacks and whites telling just their side without responding to the other. I can’t discuss with my black friends because it seems to make them uncomfortable and me to sometimes in case it gets into a heated debate. I can understand because their is usually more enjoyable things to discuss.
    This will always be a hard subject to solve. But you must start with hearing and understanding both sides. Then you have to find some middle ground, make some changes and carry on.
    I think there are and will be much bigger issues to solve in the world. I think we are just a little spoiled in America compared to rest of world. We always just want more. Most of the world’s population would just be happy to have what we do.
    You have starvation, still reports of cases of slavery, war, aids, rape murder, things that are killing people now. I am always amazed when a reported case of slavery in another part of the world goes unnoticed in the back pages of the paper. But the race issues get front page news.
    Every group of people just wants what is best for them. We need to look at what is best and fair for all in this country and treat everyone the same. Then only maybe we can help out the rest of the world. Sometimes think if all the adults would shut up the kids would have a better chance. They do seem to get along better than previous generations.
    Anyway, when all else fails think of God and Peace.

5. uzoka

uzoka Well-Known Member MEMBER

writer
    Ratings:
    +8
    Well, I don't know about you brothers and sisters but that brought a tear to my eye.

< < edited by Destee > >

Peace....

6. uzoka

writer
    Ratings:
    +8
    Nothings changed nor will it ever amongst whites

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/45a/310.html

The 68 gruesome pictures Allen displays in his New York exhibit show black men and women being burned, dragged in chains, roasted alive and dismembered while whites crack jokes and mug for the cameras. According to official NAACP figures, between 1890 and 1960, 5,200 blacks were burned, shot or mutilated by lynch mobs. The horrid death toll is almost certainly higher, since in many cases sheriffs and local officials didn't deem the murders significant enough to report.

Federal officials still argue that it is the responsibility of local officials to prosecute these crimes. They will not intervene unless there is a compelling federal interest. But they've never bothered to spell out what that means.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Uzoka ... i've edited your post above, removing the property that belonged to Asad Ismi, as you did not include their permission for it to be posted here. This is one of our forum rules. Thank you for sharing but infringing on what belongs to another is not allowed here.

Rayh78 ... are you Black or White? You didn't say in your post but you did mention that you have tried to address (race) issues with both Black and White folk and it often leads to discomfort and debate. Which race you belong usually decides what side of the argument you find yourself. They are very different places, this is why i ask. At any rate, this community is not necessarily for Black and White folk to come together and try to work out the ills that have plagued them for hundreds of years. No. That has not happened in my lifetime or in the lifetime of any of my Ancestors and that's not what we're trying to do here. This community is for Black folk to come together to heal, console, and build the Spirit, confidence, determination and love between each other. This is our goal. If interjecting your thoughts hinders this effort in any way (in our opinon), you will be considered in violation and your posts removed. We don't owe anyone an explanation of why we move, remove, edit, or delete posts but we are a respectful folk and may provide such information if we are inclined to do so. Again, i don't know if you are Black or White, but if you are for loving, encouraging, embracing, teaching and building with Black people, and your posts reflect that, you are more than welcome to stay and continue sharing with us. If not, your stay will be a short one because we are serious about what we are doing here and will not let anyone upset the peace we've been blessed with just so they can discuss issues they've not been successfully able to discuss other places. This is not a dumping ground. If you have a desire to reach the goals you've mentioned, where White and Black folk come together, etc., perhaps you should start a community with that goal in mind. I'm sure many will join you there. In the meantime, respect what we are doing here.

:heart:

Destee

8. uzoka

writer
    Ratings:
    +8
    Apologies Destee, I will try to obtain permssion, and in the future, will remember to do so beforehand.

Regards and Peace...

9. rayh78

rayh78 New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes must be wrong forum. Hard to find people willing to debate both sides of the issue.
    I dont think it will ever solve anything if you are just willing to listen to and discuss one side of a problem.
    But I do think it is great that you say this is helping blacks heal doing it this way.

Last visit here and good luck .

10. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471