Black People : Read Any Good Books Lately?

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
And which books will you also suggest our young people read as well??

I ask you to share your feelings as well as thoughts on this subject too...

Thanks in advance!!​

fortitude

Feb 23, 2015
Haven't read these yet but wanted to mention them:

Sulwe by Lupita Nyongo ~
Sulwe has skin the color of midnight. She is darker than everyone in her family. She is darker than anyone in her school. Sulwe just wants to be beautiful and bright, like her mother and sister. Then a magical journey in the night sky opens her eyes and changes everything.
In this stunning debut picture book, actress Lupita Nyong’o creates a whimsical and heartwarming story to inspire children to see their own unique beauty.

The Water Dancer by TaNehisi Coates

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sekou kasimu Support : Has anyone read any good books lately? Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 19
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Short Stories : 15 Essential Books on Black History Everyone Needs to Read Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
Senegal Black Education / Schools : Books Black People Should Read Black Education / Schools 17
river Black Authors : Please Give Me a List of Books You Have Read Short Stories - Authors - Writing 13
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : 100 MUST READ BLACK BOOKS Black Entertainment 93
I Black Authors : A couple of MUST READ books! Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
W Black Poetry : Challenge: Read 20 books in '06 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 20
A Black Women : BOOKS THAT EVERY BLACK WOMAN SHOULD READ Black Women 18
R Black Poetry : A club could be a heavy stick get a hug in a CHEVY with a chick read a map of town begin to flirt in a wraparound denim skirt at a party it serves he Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
OldSoul Black People : The Infection That’s Silently Killing Coronavirus Patients - Must Read Black People Open Forum 2
R Black Poetry : She the hot type and not ripe likegreen peaches very sweet that strikeboys as chase bait place a plate onthe table, able to read mindsat the age o Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
OldSoul Black People : Global Warning by OldSoul (written in Spoken Word and should be read aloud to oneself and with others) Black People Open Forum 0
SwagII Law Forum : THE SECOND AMENDMENT? Read up on it! Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Read Toni Morrison’s prescient essay about white supremacist violence and Trump African American History Culture 2
R Black Poetry : he believe in a circus but willing to achieve his purpose try feast and read then increase my speed Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : Her quotes are fiery like notes in diary they get read and spread on wet bread her dress is down and Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
A Black Spirituality Religion : What scriptures from the old testament should a person read to become a better man? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: Can You Read? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
Liberty Black People Politics : What African-Americans Have to Lose From Trump’s Budget Plan Read more at EBONY http://www.ebony.com Black People Politics 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Frederick Douglas: And the 4th of July Trump should read this AACOOLDRE 0
Liberty Africa : Must Read: On the Complicated Relationship Between Africans and African-Americans All Things Africa 28
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : How the ancient Egyptian lost its ability to read & write AACOOLDRE 0
IFE Black Positive People : Barbershop Cuts Prices For Kids Who Read Aloud During Appointment Black People Doing Positive Things 4
Queenie Health and Wellness : Put the fork down and read... Black Health and Wellness 7
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : 7-things-you-would-have-learned-if-you-read-the-isis-papers Black People Politics 1
RAPTOR Health and Wellness : Read Later Share Tweet Venom of Aggressive Brazilian Wasp Rips Holes in Cancer Cells Black Health and Wellness 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Facebook Chats Being Scanned by CIA-Backed Firm: Report Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Science and Technology 0
shaka64 Black People : Judge Hands Down Potentially Crushing Ruling Against Donald Trump In Racketeering Lawsuit Read more Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : 3 Ways Jesus Read the Bible That Evangelicals Are Told Not to Do Christian Study Group 4
shaka64 Law Forum : 'Loud Music' Murder Trial Resumes After Hung Jury Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/n Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
B Haiti : Great read on Haiti/Dominican Republic Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 8
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Eric Holder: Chief Justice John Roberts Is Wrong On Race Read more: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc Black People Politics 16
Kadijah Black Sports : Kareem Abdul Jabbar weighs in on Sterling Controversy (dynamite read!) Black Sports 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Ethiopia : Ethiopia's New Dam Is Thwarting Egypt's Long-Held Control Over The Nile Read more: http://www.busin Ethiopia 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Writing Discussion : The Mocha Girls Read Story Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Don's a Lemon: Before You Go Back on CNN This Weekend, Read This! Black People Politics 147
THE-GOD Black People : The Secret History of the American Empire: Must read Black People Open Forum 4
Fine1952 Black People : Please Read Black People Open Forum 64
Keita Kenyatta Black People : The Lament of Hermes, read by Graham Hancock Black People Open Forum 5
blazejay Black Spirituality Religion : Universal Law - anyone read the kybalion? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
ru2religious Black Relationships : (Adult topic) I read this morning on a blog that women.... Black Relationships 80
S Black People Politics : Obamacare Supporters: Did you read The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare Bill) Black People Politics 8
ru2religious Black Relationships : A must read article Black Relationships 9
Heartbeat African American History Culture : A Must Read Book African American History Culture 3
legit-writer Black People : read this article and tell me if you know of any solution to the price of everything rising Black People Open Forum 6
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : I read This and Feel Good Inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
Ankhur Black People : Youth and Parents Please read this before thinking about Enlisting into Military Black People Open Forum 1
cherryblossom Black Men : "Real Men Read" Black Men 3
river Black People : Which Magazines do We Read Now? Black People Open Forum 12
nixprophet Black People : Wise Words from Marcus Garvey....*read* Black People Open Forum 8