Black Positive People : Reach One Million - Isaiah Washington

Zulile

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 24, 2007
Occupation
HR/Finance
http://www.reachonemillion.org/

vpvmee.jpg

With my desire to connect myself more intimately with Africa, I decided to embark upon a journey of my roots. Through DNA testing, I discovered I have a genetic link to the Mendé people of Sierra Leone. After my initial visit to Sierra Leone, where I saw first hand the extreme poverty and the needs of the people of Sierra Leone, I pledged my commitment to the country. This is why I founded The Gondobay Manga Foundation, a non-profit organization designed to address the needs of the people of Sierra Leone. In November 2008, I will obtain dual citizenship from the Sierra Leonean Government. This is a historical moment in time for me , the people of Sierra Leone and Africa.

After learning my ancestral link to the Mendé people of Sierra Leone in February 2006, then visiting the country that following May, it was decided The Gondobay Manga Foundation's initial project would be to build a school. By May 2007, in the span of one short year, words became action and the Chief Foday Golia Memorial School was no longer a dream, but a reality. Currently, there are 300 students, out of a total population of 2,150 from six villages, in the Chiefdom attending class everyday.

The Gondobay Manga Foundation's vision for the people of Sierra Leone is to reach sustainability ~ one village, one region, and one country. To make that vision a reality, its mission is to improve the lives of the people of Sierra Leone through education, healthcare, and economic development, one village at a time. The initial target area is the Bagbwe Chiefdom situated in the Bo Region . I am reaching out to you for support.

Will you join me and support the people of Sierra Leone?

Isaiah Washington
Founder of The Gondobay Manga Foundation

vpvmee.jpg

With my desire to connect myself more intimately with Africa, I decided to embark upon a journey of my roots. Through DNA testing, I discovered I have a genetic link to the Mendé people of Sierra Leone. After my initial visit to Sierra Leone, where I saw first hand the extreme poverty and the needs of the people of Sierra Leone, I pledged my commitment to the country. This is why I founded The Gondobay Manga Foundation, a non-profit organization designed to address the needs of the people of Sierra Leone. In November 2008, I will obtain dual citizenship from the Sierra Leonean Government. This is a historical moment in time for me , the people of Sierra Leone and Africa.

After learning my ancestral link to the Mendé people of Sierra Leone in February 2006, then visiting the country that following May, it was decided The Gondobay Manga Foundation's initial project would be to build a school. By May 2007, in the span of one short year, words became action and the Chief Foday Golia Memorial School was no longer a dream, but a reality. Currently, there are 300 students, out of a total population of 2,150 from six villages, in the Chiefdom attending class everyday.

The Gondobay Manga Foundation's vision for the people of Sierra Leone is to reach sustainability ~ one village, one region, and one country. To make that vision a reality, its mission is to improve the lives of the people of Sierra Leone through education, healthcare, and economic development, one village at a time. The initial target area is the Bagbwe Chiefdom situated in the Bo Region . I am reaching out to you for support.

Will you join me and support the people of Sierra Leone?

Isaiah Washington
Founder of The Gondobay Manga Foundation

It must do wonders for the spirit to finally fiqure out where u from hotep!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back