Black Spirituality Religion : Re-Examining The "Sex" of God And "His" Servants

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Fine1952, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,782
    Great write up by Corey Gilkes. It seems Mr. Gilkes has the same sources as do I. Need I say more...!

Sources:

When God Was a Woman – Merlin Stone
    The Creation of Patriarchy – Gerda Lerner
    The Cultural Unity of Black Africa: Domains and Matriarchy and Patriarchy in classical Antiquity – Cheikh Anta Diop
    Civilisation or Barbarism? And Authentic Anthropology – Cheikh Anta Diop
    Gender and Aging in Mesopotamia – Rivkah Harris
    Jewish Women/Jewish Men: the Legacy of Patriarchy in Jewish Life – Aviva Cantor
    The Woman with the Alabaster Jar – Margaret Starbird
    The Time Falling Bodies Take to Light: Mythology, Sexuality and the Origin of Human culture – William Irwin Thompson
    Behind the Sex of God – Carol Ochs
    When Women Were Priests – Karen Jo Torjesen
    Confessions – Augustine
    City of God – Augustine
    Women's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets – Barbara G Walker
    Male Daughters, Female Husbands – Ifi Amadiume
    Reinventing Africa – Ifi Amadiume
    A History of their Own: Women in Europe From Prehistory to the Present – Bonnie Anderson, Judith Zinsser
    Holy Blood, Holy Grail – Henry Lincoln, Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh
    Messianic Legacy – Henry Lincoln, Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh
    Heavenly Sex – Ruth Westheimer
    The Hebrew Goddess – Raphael Patai
    The Black women in Antiquity – Ivan Van Sertima
    African Presence in Early Europe – Ivan Van Sertima

1Love:cool:
    Fine1952

And "His" Servants By Corey Gilkes
    February 09, 2011

"...Yes, that's what I said. As if the articles on monogamy and extramarital relationships weren't scandalous enough, I gone now and dive cross the line into blasphemy with talk about the sex of god. In our society – which for the most part retains a romantic, anti-intellectual attachment to the bible and things religious – merely asking questions such as why "god" is referred to in gender-specific terms is in many people's minds as heretical as challenging the authenticity of the bible. Maybe we'll argue THAT some other time but for now, examining god's sex is bacchanal enough...."

<<<<click here to read more

[​IMG]
    This image shows the progressive white wash of the truth

2. AmenAmenetSun

AmenAmenetSun Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +27
    A very wonderful post, even up to this day I am still amazed as to why most men refuse to sit down and actually think. If we look at it, almost if not all things on earth are dual: day and night, light and darkness, left and right, death and life, sleep and awake..a man and a woman and each one of the mentioned items is no greater or lesser than the other, each one has it own place and role to play, and during its own time.
    It therefore follows that a man and a woman would be very much different but equal. I follow the opinion that the CREATORS are male and female, otherwise how would we have a female if she is not also made in the exact image of the Goddess?
    But what I find to be worse is that most women actually believe and accept that they come second to men, how is that possible I ask myself? I mean how can a fully developed woman believe that she was made from a rip of a man..is it not said that god is the alpha and the omega, that god is the god of yesterday, today and tomorrow, so, how come women are still not being made from the rips of men still today? But rather men and women need each other in order to bring forth another woman or man.
    Thank you for the wonderful post.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Sister Fine ... can you tell us the names of paths that teach, God is a Woman?

I've heard the logic of it, but don't know of a path that i can sign up to right now, and learn more.

Can you name some for us?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

4. gogounited

gogounited Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +358
    Native Americans teach a path that suggests the creator is a great grandmother goddess of sorts. They depicted her as a spider, and the creation as her spun web. What I found interesting about this particular path is that the symbolism is very similar to certain aspects of string theory of quantum physics. The Dogon of Africa also depict in their imagery very specific and precise details of the spin symmetry of atoms. In fact, it seems to me that the further we go back into the history of indigenous African people, the presence of the feminine is more and more prevalent. And as this feminine modality becomes more prevalent, so do the specifics of sub-quantum science. Fascinating.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Thanks for sharing with me, us ... :)

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee