Black Entertainment : Ray J and Brandy's Mom Gotta Step Back

Peace fam.

Ain't nothing different about the music the kids listen to today, it's just watered down and mass produced. Oh wait... that IS the difference.

I know virtually nothing about Queen B, Brandy or Ray J (wait a minute, uh uh).. but wasn't Usher's mother his manager? I mean, she's gotta be at least 40+, and he went platinum I think.

So maybe Brandy's mother understand the game. Same game different wrapping, Brother.

One,

- Ikoro

I notice on their new show that Sonya, their mom is trying to be too involved in their career. She is really a queen B in some way. She should lay back and let them operate within their own talent. I wonder if she ever ask herself, what does a 50+ yr old woman know about music that will be purchased by 16-35 yr olds.

On the first episode Sonya says she needs a break...

I'm sure it is hard for her as a parent and being their manager for so long to take a step back...

Is it because she is 50 or it because she is a woman that makes her less knowledgeable about the music now? Or both? Because there are male managers who are 50 something and they were doing a good job...Look at, well...ex manager...Matthew Knowles (Beyonce's father) He was old as moonshine and her career was off the hook...And still is even though he isn't in the picture any more.

But it is ultimately up to Brandy and Ray J to keep their mom or not.

There mom has been there backbone and manager she will not only
let up because she protecting them and there investment but she
do wish to take a break .

I think she been around long enough to know a little something
as they grew so did she in the music world .

On the first episode Sonya says she needs a break...

I'm sure it is hard for her as a parent and being their manager for so long to take a step back...

Is it because she is 50 or it because she is a woman that makes her less knowledgeable about the music now? Or both? Because there are male managers who are 50 something and they were doing a good job...Look at, well...ex manager..
.Matthew Knowles (Beyonce's father) He was old as moonshine and her career was off the hook...
And still is even though he isn't in the picture any more.

But it is ultimately up to Brandy and Ray J to keep their mom or not.
Beyonce is a black Barbie for industrial purposes but I do get what yall saying, I just think the lingo evolves a little and she may be a tad bit out of the know when it comes to current sounds.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back