Black Sports : RAY ALLEN KNEW OF CONSPIRACY TO ASSASSINATE HIS STEP-FATHER...

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Isaiah, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Allen knew about plot to kill stepdad

Ray Allen spoke for the first time after two were charged for allegedly conspiring to kill his stepfather.
    John W. McDonough/SI

SEATTLE (AP) -- Seattle SuperSonics guard Ray Allen spoke for the first time Friday about an alleged plot to kill his stepfather, saying his family had been aware of the situation for more than a year.

Ernest C. Garlington, 37, of Southington, Conn., is being held on a $1.7 million bond on charges he conspired to murder Derek Hopson, Allen's stepfather. Garlington and Terrence Battle, 31, of Waterbury, Conn., were charged Wednesday in a murder-for-hire plot against Hopson, a psychologist.

"It's something we have known that has been going on," Allen said after Seattle's practice. "It's unfortunate, because every story written has my name tied to it. And he feels bad about it as much as my mom does, and she doesn't want me to be tied into it. But I am connected to it."

Hopson was once married to Garlington's wife. He's now married to Flora Allen-Hopson, Allen's mother. Allen said they have been married for just under three years.

"I just want to make sure my mom is safe," Allen said. "I spoke to her yesterday. She seems fine, she's happy where she is. But we know in the future we could have to take precautionary measures just to keep my mom safe, because that's priority number one."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/basketball/nba/10/07/bc.bkn.allen.sstepfathe.ap/index.html

peace!'
    ISAIAH

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    deep measures , seemly the family knew of such
    most likely did think it would be carry out...........