Vegetable - Fruit - Recipe : Raw Vegetarian Alfredo with Zucchini Noodles

gogounited

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 17, 2010
Colorado
I found this awesome raw recipe online, but I can't remember where. It actually tastes like alfredo sauce, and is of a similar texture. The zucchini noodles absorb and hold the flavor well, and are a great substitute for processed and enriched pasta in any recipe. My three-year old loves it too. You can garnish with diced tomatoes, spinach or sesame seeds, it's easy to play around with. Pine nuts can be expensive and can be substituted with pecans to add a sort of smokey flavor to the sauce. Enjoy.

8-10 Zucchini
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups raw cashews
1/2 cup pine nuts
3 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon salt

Throw everything but the zucchini in a food processor or blender and blend until the mixture forms a creamy sauce.

Take the zucchini and using a vegetable peeler, shave off and discard the tough, green exterior. Then continue shaving the zucchini into "noodles," until you expose the seedy part, which can be discarded, composted, or saved for vegetable stock.

Mix 1-2 tablespoons of the sauce with a serving of noodles and top with your choice of garnish. This can be eaten cold or warm, it makes about 6 servings.

You don't have to try this recipe raw if you wish to saute the zucchini lightly in olive oil before topping with the sauce.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back