Black Spirituality Religion : Rastafari

Thanks Frankster for your comments and thoughts to my post.

In some quarters women are not allowed to cook food in restaurants but are allowed to serve it. That's a strict discipline of Rasta and it's present in the uk and Jamaica to this day.

It has nothing to do with keeping a sister down it's because women more than men are likely to get involved with iniquity.

Rasta loves and respects his queen for she is the carrier of life itself.

As long as we not using such belief to excluding the sistahs for having their say and presence in and among I&I

In terms of how we view voodoo are you suggesting that the aforementioned is not capable of harm? If so then I have a differing view of it. Juju Obeah and voodoo use their power in both good and negative ways.

Like all science it can be used for good or evil.......that does not make obeah evil - herbs can cure and herbs can kill.
Christians wear Crucifixes for reminder and protection a Juju is the same thing.

It's more heightened when people are struggling to survive. You could liken it to crabs in a barrel. As one starts to climb up to get out the others pull it down. That is what happens in a community surrounded in poverty.

True words

I'd appreciate any information or links you have to shed a different light on voodoo. I am fearful of those that have the power to speak with the spirits.

I gave you a link to Prof Smalls youtube or just put Vodun/Orisha in your search

I see...and Rasta brothers and sisters believe that those deeds that you cited make him the expected Messiah? is that right?...and good brother, can I ask which prophecies exactly do Rastafarians believe bro. Selassie I fulfilled if you can cite them?

Thank you so much for your time in this,
Bro. Broham

That's Just some that I can remember.
Well the prophecies are what really make him the 2nd coming of Christ in his Kingly Character

Psalm 87
4 I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia; this man was born there.
5 And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.

Psalm 68
31 Princes shall come out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands unto God.
4 Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name Jah, and rejoice before him

I see, my brother.

Now actually, is Psalms 87:4 saying that it shall be boasted to Philistia, Tyre, and Ethiopia that others were born in Zion? Here is the full context from the NKJV, a more modern English version of the Bible (Psalms 87:)

(1)His foundation is in the holy mountains.
(2)The Lord loves the gates of Zion
More than all the dwellings of Jacob.
(3)Glorious things are spoken of you,
O city of God! Selah

(4)“I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to those who know Me;
Behold, O Philistia and Tyre, with Ethiopia:
‘This one was born there.’”

(5)And of Zion it will be said,
“This one and that one were born in her;
And the Most High Himself shall establish her.”
(6)The Lord will record,
When He registers the peoples:
“This one was born there.” Selah

(7)Both the singers and the players on instruments say,
“All my springs are in you.”

The Way Rasta see it ......This Man was born in Ethiopia

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back