Black Spirituality Religion : Rastafari

Voodoo as I know it is a mixture of Catholicism and African naturalism. As you know Frankster Rasta bun all ism. Also Rasta hates iniquity and Obeah.

Vodoo/Obeah is not an "ism"
Vodun is not iniquity
Do your due diligence

Women are not allowed to cook whilst on their monthly cycle. I am sure you understand why.

Religious oppression to keep the sistahs down.
A Woman's monthly cycle is a blessing and the seed of civilization
What are you saying they do not have proper personal hygiene ?
Of Course One must understand the deference between a woman having her Period (monthly cycle) and that of Menstrual flow/issue.

Haiti is the only country that deals with voodoo. If you check its history you will see how intertwine it is with Catholicism.

Again do your due diligence before coming to reason.
All of West Africa practice Vodoo....common to over most of Africa
Yes it is intertwine with Catholicism in some western countries as a method of survival

Not sure what the African naturalist is called but voodoo is only an off shoot of it.

Do Your Due Diligence......Vodoo is the source of nearly ALL RELIGIONS - because it is experientially SPIRITUAL.

Thank you, brother, for responding...now, are you saying that the article is lying when it says this (that ALL Rastas necessarily worship Selassie I:)

"The Rastafari movement is an Abrahamic religion which developed in Jamaica in the 1930s, following the coronation of Haile Selassie I as Emperor of Ethiopia in 1930. Its adherents worship Haile Selassie I, emperor of Ethiopia (ruled 1930–1974), some as Jesus in his Second Advent, or as God the Father."

Peace and may God Bless you.
Bro. Broham

They still have an enormous respect for Selassie but hell no in terms of worshiping him.

All the Rastas I know worship god and Jesus referred to as holy Emmanuel.

My dad is Rasta as are a few members of my family. None of them worship Selassie. FFs Selassie didn't know he was worshiped until visiting Jamaica.

He had to be told all these people think your Christ reincarnated. He was humbled. He was so honoured by their love for him he gave land in Ethiopia to those wanting to return to Africa. Some took that offer up.

He also helped influenced the general elections in Jamaica by giving the prime minister the 'rod of correction'

That helped give the prime minister a land slide victory.

Vodoo/Obeah is not an "ism"
Vodun is not iniquity
Do your due diligence

Religious oppression to keep the sistahs down.
A Woman's monthly cycle is a blessing and the seed of civilization
What are you saying they do not have proper personal hygiene ?
Of Course One must understand the deference between a woman having her Period (monthly cycle) and that of Menstrual flow/issue.

Again do your due diligence before coming to reason.
All of West Africa practice Vodoo....common to over most of Africa
Yes it is intertwine with Catholicism in some western countries as a method of survival

Do Your Due Diligence......Vodoo is the source of nearly ALL RELIGIONS - because it is experientially SPIRITUAL.

Thanks Frankster for your comments and thoughts to my post.

In some quarters women are not allowed to cook food in restaurants but are allowed to serve it. That's a strict discipline of Rasta and it's present in the uk and Jamaica to this day.

It has nothing to do with keeping a sister down it's because women more than men are likely to get involved with iniquity.

Rasta loves and respects his queen for she is the carrier of life itself.

In terms of how we view voodoo are you suggesting that the aforementioned is not capable of harm? If so then I have a differing view of it. Juju Obeah and voodoo use their power in both good and negative ways.

It's more heightened when people are struggling to survive. You could liken it to crabs in a barrel. As one starts to climb up to get out the others pull it down. That is what happens in a community surrounded in poverty.

I'd appreciate any information or links you have to shed a different light on voodoo. I am fearful of those that have the power to speak with the spirits.

Thanks my brother for all of that good information...that article is a prime example of what I was saying to brother frankster that everything on the internet is not true.

12th tribe go church like any normal Christian. So they definitely don't worship Selassie.

Selassie use to feed people to lions that's hardly the works of someone that's godly.

The respect for Selassie stems from some of the things I stated in previous posts but more so for his speeches.

He was the first African black man to address the United Nations as we know it now.

Bob Marley used his speech to write his song war.

"Until the philosophy that holds one race inferior than another there will be war. A colour of a mans skin is no more significant than the colour of his eyes'

Powerful and certainly one of my favourite Marley songs.

Wow...the article said this about Selassie I: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rastafari_movement#Haile_Selassie_I, but I wonder what exactly proves (or shows) to Rastas that Selassie I is God/the Messiah. Like, what exactly did he do that makes them believe that he is God/the Messiah?...

First Rasta is a Natural Intuitive Movement.....Meaning our use of scripture has several levels of meanings.

It is not so much about what he did but that he fulfilled bible prophecy.

Now as to what he did.....
Defeated the Italians and kept Ethiopian Free
Set the foundation for Africa Unity.
Prophesied the Coming of World war II
Uniting Ethiopia.
Started the Modernization of Ethiopia and Africa.
Provide lands for all blacks from the diaspora
Founding of Ethiopian World Federation

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back