Black Entertainment : Rappers in Skirts

No, I'm not "invested" in rap/hip hop NOW; but, yes, I am also very familiar with the history of rap and hip hop....back to the 70s with "FATBACK and King Tim III)..the Sugar Hill Gang....Grandmaster Flash/Melle Mel...Kool Herc....etc...and thru the 80s....

......and many of the "beefs" between rappers which sold millions.
---LL Cool J/Kool Moe Dee....MC Lyte/Antoinette....THE BRIDGE WARS...etc..

However, you exactly made my point which is that this "lord james" dude kept repeating that his opposition to Kanye's attire had nothing to do with "sexuality" (homosexuality) but the very nature and history of rap and hip hop is rooted in HYPER-masculinity, being "HARD," the opposite of anything connected to or perceived as gay.

So, "lord james" is talking outta both sides of his mouth.

If u man enuff to SPEAK ON IT
Then stand up and OWN IT!
But don't throw a rock
And then, hide ya hand
When ya talk got clocked
Tryna 're-phrase' and concoct
A different line of attack
If ya said whatcha meant
Then, don't take nuthin back!

Cuz YOU look and sound weak
If you can't pay for whatcha speak
Throwin' a curve ball
So you can back-crawl

But, if u man enuff to speak on it
Then stand up and own it
Change his name to "Anna Mae"
And make him "eat the cake"
You got the answer right
Didn't make no mistake
So don't punk-out
Holding on to an 'eraser'
Give it to 'em, straight....no chaser.

I don't get your point Cherryblossom.....

:11100: it's 'lord jamar', thank you….james

ROFLMBO! I did actually say "James" instead of "jamar!"

Charge it to my head, not my heart.

Now, I can't even go back and "EDIT" it since you done put me on front skreet like dis! :mad:

lol j/k

WHEW!.....Well, itsa good thing his name wasn't "king jamar," huh. :lol:

I don't get your point Cherryblossom.....

In the article, this "LJ" guy keeps insisting that his disapproval of Kanye's kilt/skirt is NOT about "sexuality." ---- But, he goes on to talk about **** and homosexuality and the gay lifestyle VERSUS "knowing yourself," the essence of hip hop, and what it represents.

But, hip hop IS about "sexuality." --- Rap and hip hop are both steeped in HYPER-masculinity and being "hard" and being STRAIGHT, so-called "ALL MAN," displaying NO hint or perceived evidence of being gay.

So, if hip hop is all about HETEROSEXUALITY, then, yes, his comments are about "sexuality."

IOW..... How u gone be "hard" in a SKIRT?!....What chu representing...in a SKIRT?!....How does that "ensemble" line up with hip hop?!

Now, like I said before.... If Kanye hadda put on some AFRICAN man's tribal attire, then I coulda got wit' him, myself.

But, a KILT?!....leather or not!.... Go sit cho behind down somewhere! :spank:

...So, in a nutshell, I'm sayin that if "LJ" gotta problem with Kanye in a skirt, then OWN IT.....ALL OF IT. ---- Just come right out and say, "That's some *** ish and hip hop aint faggish."

But don't half-step with "This has nothing to do with SEXUALITY."

IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH SEXUALITY because HIP HOP is the ANTITHESIS of anything connected with HOMOSEXUALITY.

“Y’all Cee where the Kanye sh*t is taking us right? #halfafag.”
—Lord Jamar

... that Kanye West wore a kilt (that Jamar considered a skirt) at the 12-12-12 benefit, which Lord Jamar took as the destruction of hip-hop culture. “This has nothing to do with sexuality,” Jamar said, “Who they choose to be with and all that, I’m not even talking about that. I’m talking specifically about, what is hip-hop? And that’s not hip-hop.”

.... Referring to Kanye’s role in the early promotion of skinny jeans, Jamar stated, “He was the one who tried to steer our sensibilities down those roads.” ..

Lord Jamar has denied that his criticism of Kanye has any connection to homophobia. In the midst of his hundred or so tweets on Tuesday, he repeated in all caps, “SEXUALITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS.”

...Late Tuesday evening, Jamar explained, “Women wear skirts & dresses for easy access to use the bathroom, I guess these dudes wanna sit down when they piss. #LiftUpYourSkirt.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back