Black Entertainment : Rappers in Skirts

Bootzey

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
Peace Y'all,

Contrary to popular belief, I do check in with y'all. I just don't log in. Y'all have an app yet for android?

I don't remember seeing this topic when it was popular. So I decided to build with y'all now that the hate has passed...

Despite the arguments pro and con... Kanye was wearing a dress! And when he was clowned publicly by Lord Jamar, folks defended that look.

How do y'all see this?

Peace

http://www.vice.com/read/kanye-west-in-a-kilt-has-lord-jamar-so-hard-right-now

Hmm, I don't see a problem with a kilt on a man, if worn accordingly; that is, not purposely trying to be feminine. Though many believe so, things such as kilts were not simply just for women, but men as well.

It's just like pants; they were not just made for men, but for both genders, with certain parts to each(skirts or pants) that differentiated whether the piece of clothing was feminine, to be worn by woman, or masculine, to be word by man.

Now these days, people only see skirt as being a woman's deal and a man showing great femininity for wearing it, but that's only so when a man puts on a skirt specifically made for a woman.

In Kanye's case(which I'm just now hearing about; I don't follow this stuff), it's leather it seems, worn with pants which I don't see as particularly bad, so long as he's covered and not flashing anything below.:D

So your cool with a non scottish man misappropriating scotch culture?

Seriously... Your cool with a man wearing a dress/skirt????

LOL, gurl. :lol:

I'm saying, kilts and skirts wasn't just Scottish. I believe even the Egyptians, that is the men, wore a type of skirt in the hot region they lived in. But nowadays, skirts, kilts, pants, leggings, (or whatever the clothing) isn't worn for what region you're in, but worn for fashion, for the most part. And since kilts and skirts aren't necessarily feminine on their own, but need to have feminine parts to them to show so, I believe it is fine for a man to wear a kilt or skirt anywhere he lives or any lineage he comes from, yes. But it HAS to be one made specifically for a man, not anything like a mini skirt or something.

However, I do prefer men to wear pants, which is why I'm happy he did wear something underneath it; I'm not used to seeing so much of a man's legs. :confused:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back