Brother AACOOLDRE : Rapper Ludacris concert cancelled

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Jun 10, 2003.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    My local community cancelled rapper Ludacris to our fair because of his bad mouth. What do you guys think this is what I wrote my local editor

I was disappointed to hear that Ludacris will not be performing at the Jackson County Fair. If Eminem decided to come to Jackson with all of his obscene material people would of protested but he wouldn’t of received a cancellation. Did we not just have a movie shot hear about sex with vacuum cleaners out in our public streets? Its gonna be hard for Jackson to get the “cool city” and All America city awards if get keeps on being pictured as intolerant. I think it was Ludicrous not to allow Ludacris to walk on our red carpet here in Jackson. But what can I say, this is a backwards town anyway.

2. AACOOLDRE

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
  3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    man what a shame as he's welcome in chicago
    most parks / fairs outtings always do this that's
    happenning everywhere.

4. AACOOLDRE

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    The soap opera goes on. The Jackson County Fair now is paying Ludacris $40,000 dollars not to come to Jackson. The only black on the Board Commissioner Mahoney voted aganist not allowing him to come. I guess this White consevative town only wants to be known as the place where the Republican party was incorportated in 18 someting. No one has the right to impose their political/religious ideologies on people like this.

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    i so agree so sad but it's very true this how they work from
    the inside ......well if they paying 40G's for him not to show
    o'well...............................i feel ya brutha

6. AACOOLDRE

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    Last Friday you wrote a second editorial trying unsucessfuly to lie and justifly not allowing the rap artist Ludacris to perform at the Jackson county fair. Part of that editorial I feel was an indirect response to my letter welcoming Ludarcris to Jackson. Why do I feel this way? Because I wrote that we should extend our red carpet to the rap artist at the end of my letter. It seems you piggy backed on the red carpet at the end of your editorial opinion. This is the problem with the political/religious establisment love sending signals instead of constructive communication but that’s another story in and of itself.

So lets face the facts Jack. I mean Jackson Cit Pat. The White conservative Republicans were in fear of the Jackson fair turning into a Black planet for that one day in August. You found out that Black folks were buying up tickets all over Michigan to see Ludarcris. But as we know Ludarcris and many other Rapers wouldn’t have that much bank if it wasn’t for 70% of the white kids who are swallowing up their CD’s.

From now on lets be real about the Truth. Its was pure fear, intolerance and hatred that prevented an international known Rap artist from coming to the original headquaters and base of the Republican party. Stop hiding behind kids and scriptures and roll out the red carpet to Ludarcris, who said he was going to perform radio edited versions of his songs.Was that really the issue when white singers coming to Jackson said similar words? No it was fear that Jackson would turn black for one day. And it’s a shame that nameless so called Black introverted leaders didn’t have anything to say about this.

From Dre: No you got it all wrong. If you admit you were taking shots at my letter then you would have to publish my response which you dont want to do. A black commissioner Mrs Mahonet-Sherrod voiced and voted for the rapper to come. Just face the facts this white town didn't want too many black kids at one time in one place dude.

7. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    So, what do Black Jacksonians do? Turn back in your tickets, get your cash and go buy a ludicrous album or cd??? If you like him that much, and love yourself any.

The Black Jacksonians can have a big picnic for themselves... someone can play music, ya'll can dance--- you can get some of the area Black restaurants to provide some eats.... and you can be comfortable and relax...

8. AACOOLDRE

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    I listen to R&B more than rap. The issue is racism not my love for this or that. I hate racism and love to expose it everytime I can get the chance, peace out

9. AACOOLDRE

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    this is about principalities

10. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I understand 'Dre, and I meant no disrespect to what you did and are doing...

But it seems to me that since it is a fact that most states in this union of ours get their greatest boosts from whatever is and can be pilfered from the Black community-- that sadly, we don't use for ourselves--- like our arts.... instead of even acknowledging their racism--- it only works if it can get you down, and demoralize you and we feed into it over and over again--- I agree the message was/is "Too many Nigs in one place is not good..."

So what is better? In my opinion, instead of my kids filtering the msgs sent, and stewing in a non-reality that they are not good and no one wants them--- I would show them that I not only want them, need them,... but I love them!

Once upon a time in America, Black folks would have laughed at that, and did something to make themselves feel good.

Remember, what really made them hate us was,"Nothing keeps those negros down, nothing..."

To me feeding into it is like knowing that certain storeowners don't want you in their stores, disrespect and humiliate you when you are there.... yet, you keep flip-flopping your way in there... giving them your money, and not caring that you still in the ghetto living and (s)he just works there, investing your money in his/her house or their kids education... to make sure they never never never never flip-flop their way into anyones disrespect and humiliation thrown at them.