Pan Africanism : Rape in the Sudan

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by Sekhemu, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    [/B] Arab women singers complicit in Rape, Says amnesty international!

This article is from last year, but it paints a picture of what is currently going on in the Sudan, and what has been going on for quite a while.

While African women in Darfur were being raped by the Janjaweed militiammen, Arab women stood nearby and sang for joy, accoding to an Amnesty International report published yesterday. The songs of the Hakama, or the "Janjaweed women" as the refugees call them, encouraged the atrocities committed by the militiamen.

The women singers stirred up racial hatred against black civilians during the attacks on villages in Darfur and celebrated the humiliation of their enemies, the human rights groups said.

"[They] appear to be the communicators during the attacks. They are reportedly not actively involved in attacks on people, but participate in acts of looting."

Amnesty international collected several testimonies mentionine the presence of the Hakama while women were raped by the Janjaweed. The report said:"Hakama appear to have directly harassed the women [who were] assaulted, and verbally attacked them."

During an attack on the village of Disa in June last year, Arabe women accompanied the attackers and sang songs praisings the government and scorning black villagers.

According to an African chief quoted in the report, the singers said: "The bloold of the blacks runs like water, we take their goods and chase them from our area and our cattle will be in their land. The power of [Sudanese president Omer Hassan] al-bashir belongs to the Arabs and we will kill you until the end, you blacks, we have killed your GOD."

The chief said that the Arabe women also racially insulted women from the village: "You are gorillas, you are black, and you are badly dressed."

The Janjaweed have abducted women for use as sex slaves, in some cases breaking their limbs to prevent them from escaping, as we as carrying out rapes in their home villages, the report said.

The militiamen "are happy when they rape. They sing when they rape and they tell that we are just slave and that they can do with us how they wish", a 37 year old victim, identified as A, is quoted as saying in the report, which is based on more than 100 testimonies from women in the refugee camps in neighbouring chad.

Pollyanna Truscott, Amnesty International's Darfur crisis coordinator, said the rape was part of a systematic dehumanisation of women. "It is done to inflict fear, to force them to leave their communities. It also humiliates the men in their communities."

The UN estimates that up to 30,000 people have been killed in Darfur, and more than a million have been forced to flee their homes. Peace talks between the Sudanese government and two rebel movements broke down Saturday when the rebel groups walked out, saying the government must first disarm the Janjaweed.

Another human rights organisation, Human Rights Watch, today publishes alleged Sudanese government documents showing that it was much more closely involved with the Janjaweed than it has so far admitted.

The documents, which Human Rights Watch said it had obtained from the civilian administration in Darfur and are dated February and March of this year, call for "provisions and ammunition" to be delivered to known Janjaweed militia leaders, camps and "loyalist tribes"

One document orders all security units in the area to tolerate the activities of Musa Hilal, the alleged Janjaweed leader in north Darfur interviewed by the Guardian last week.

Peter Takarmbudde, the executive director of Human Rights Watch's Africa division, said: "These documents show that militia activity has not just been condoned, it's been specifically supported by Sudan government officials."

The official government line is that it did not arm or support the Janjaweed, though its presence was useful in helping combat the rebels in Darfur.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sudan/story/0,14658,1264901,00.html

2. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    Disgusting. I wish I could murder every janjaweed on the planet and those stupid broads singing those songs. Rape is a part of their plan for genocide of the southern Sudanese people ( I read one article where the janjaweeds proclaimed 'you're too Black, lets make a light baby' ).

3. Kwango_Likemba

Kwango_Likemba Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11
    All the Blacks who have forgotten that the Arabs are racists, barbarians, dictators, killers and rapists they better read this article now.. This is terrible!

4. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

They don't have the guts to do that Sistah Kwango, we have blacks right here in this country that claim this is not genocide, that this is an ethnic broblem between black people. Yea Right.

The arab has brainwashed our people so much, that they defend him at every turn. The arab and the white man has replaced the black man and woman's image of a Deity that looked like them.

This is what Dr. John Henrik Clarke was saying when he talked about the invader teaching you to hate your own God, and once this is accomplished the result is black folks making excuses for the excesses of their fellow christians and muslims.

This is Genocide, no two ways about it, and Muslims should be ashamed of themselves because they say nothing about it.

5. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    First of all I don't know what the hell is going on over there.

I've met black folk from Ethiopia, Congo, Somali, Kenya, as well as SUDAN and none of them tell me about genoside that I hear so much about from the mainstream white press.

This story about Arab women singing while black villages are being slaughtered is atleast a year old.

And even though FARRAKHAN of all people went overthere and didn't bring back any reports of genoside, I'm not in a position to quetion what's going on overthere because I know how racist Arabs can be.

One thing I do know is most of the so-called Arabs overthere look just like black Americans and they rarely show them on television.

What I want to know is, if the genocide is that obvious, why do the southern Sudanese constantly have to appeal to white folk in Europe and America for help?

Why haven't the black African militaries of those neighboring countries formed an alliance and stepped in to solve the crisis?

Hell, it's enough angry black folk here...why hasn't a united black front formed in the West to go over to combat the "genocide" taking place between the "white Arabs" and the blacks in Sudan?

6. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Here you go Ralf, this should help you figure it out.

http://www.savedarfur.org/ and more specifically.

http://www.savedarfur.org/go.php?q=latestNews.html

7. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Sek

You may or may not accept my sincerity but I'm truly thankful for that link.

8. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Your so-called arabs who you say look like other black people are calling other blacks racist and derogatory names. This was clearly stated in the testimony of the rape victims.

So what if the article was written last year, the point is little if anything has improved.

9. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

I accept it Ralf. I may disagree with your views but I do respect your intellect and convictions.

10. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    i wish i could put a bullet in every last one of those stinking, cowardly arabs. and their hoes. and those black idiot, zombie, ignorant fools that help them.

forget a bullet, id rather beat them with a leg to a table til their face looks like a redish dough.