Black People : Recent News....

Can we truly develop a healthy state of mind while living in the belly of the beast? As I scrolled down your list in your last post, SOA, I started to feel sad when I had to acknowledge that many of our Black men suffer from mental health issues...and when our Black men suffer, the entire Black community suffers as well. But questions also came to mind as I scrolled through the list, that are very important to our healing. Where is our homeland? Where are our roots? We are so spread out and often detached in the U.S., wouldn't it make us feel better when we looked around and lived where there are a majority of people like us and owning and running stuff? I remember what it felt like before integration and I feel a sense of loss now that I don't have that same experience today. How can we truly rise above depression when we are constantly reminded that we are an oppressed people? Isn't it only fair that our dreams be our reality? Who wants to live constantly in a dream state? How many of us can honestly say that we are happy or feel joy most of the time? Or at least feel a sense of self-satisfaction? I don't mean to be pessimistic or sound hopeless when it comes to Black people in the U.S. being able to achieve good mental health, but in all honesty, I wonder whether we can living here.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back