Black People : random news discussion thread

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD
Why???? :10500:I'm starting to feel sorry for the chickens.

So If PETA (A totally White run organization that cares more about cat fur then chickens) got it's way then KFC, Popeyes and Churches would fold and countless Blacks would lose their jobs. Also the HELL with birds. Remember the senseless and totally unprovoked bloody Bodega Bay attack?

This is a damning video PETA doesn't want you to see.

source.gif

Chickens, crows, parakeets? The HELL with them. Kill them all. Two legs and a breast please, extra crispy.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
All I can say in response to your post, @Symbol of America is........I have to respect your opinion but it's not the same as mine and that's okay. I don't blame animals that are raised as food for the plight of Black people's employment because it's not their fault, they are victims of circumstance just as we are, in my opinion. They are used, like us, to make money for corporate America and lose their lives in the process.

My mother used to tell me, when choosing a man, always look how they treat the women in their lives and animals. That was important to her and it became important to me as well because it made sense for me. What I know, what I was taught and what I feel is to treat animals with respect and to care what happens to them and to know that they have the capacity to care about you too, if you treat them well.

My mother taught me that and raised me from knee high on up to have pets and to take care of them. She did...would bathe and nurse them when they were sick as she would her patients, as she was a registered nurse and we couldn't afford to take them to a vet all the time. I watched her, I watched how our pets responded to her and I learned and it made me feel good to be able to love other living things, like her.

I have pets to this day--no, not chickens, but even if I did, it wouldn't change how I would treat. It's just in my make up. They may be a food source but do you have to cram them in cages like these mega corporations in the food industry do? I don't like Black people being treated that way and I don't like those conditions for animals either.

So, PETA or not and whatever criticisms people have about the organization, fine. It's not worth it to me to argue that point. But before I even knew about them, I have felt this way about animals. I recently saw the movie, "The Art of Racing in the Rain" and I knew just how the main character felt about his dog.

Anyway, thanks for posting.

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
Actually maam my comment, post or whatever you wish to label such was not even an opinion but just tongue in cheek humor which you obviously took the wrong way so I'll just apologize, leave it at that and move on. No need to reply, what's done is done.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Actually maam my comment, post or whatever you wish to label such was not even an opinion but just tongue in cheek humor which you obviously took the wrong way so I'll just apologize, leave it at that and move on. No need to reply, what's done is done.
My bad...I thought you were being serious. Thanks for clearing it up and pointing out my confusion. When you wrote serve em up and extra crispy...I was like :eek: ....lol I'm so sorry I misunderstood you, SOA... please forgive me. :heart:

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
there is a very important lesson here.

what if we could use the same brainwash techniques that popeyes use to get black people to vote ???

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
LOL!
It'd be the same as the Popeyes story except they'd run out polling stations or registration points or ballots.
Oh, wait they already done did that. Bet that's where Popeyes learned.

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
They'd take it away from our Social Security to pay for it and then call it reparations.

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
My bad...I thought you were being serious. Thanks for clearing it up and pointing out my confusion. When you wrote serve em up and extra crispy...I was like :eek: ....lol I'm so sorry I misunderstood you, SOA... please forgive me. :heart:
Love means not having to say your sorry NNQueen and since yesterday was my birthday and you didn't say Happy Birthday SOA so you don't have to say you are sorry for not knowing or knowing and forgetting but you still have to love me. Now if you remember a week or so back I told that astrologer lady here about the significance of my birthday coinciding with the hour and minute I was born which was 8/29 at 8:29PM but now I am 69 so I wonder what the significance of this is? This is not an X-Rated thing now, just wondering. Lol.

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
LOL!
It'd be the same as the Popeyes story except they'd run out polling stations or registration points or ballots.
Oh, wait they already done did that. Bet that's where Popeyes learned.
You all may be on to something...what IF...

They gave out coupons for a free Popeyes chicken sandwich at the polling stations...instead of "I Voted" stickers? :thinking:

Hey peeps. You're comments just made me think of the infamous Gun Buy Back Programs.

Now think about this. If we could get the NAACP, the NBA and various po po agencies to give every Black voter in America a pair of Air Jordans to vote, every president from #46 until the end of time would be Black.

Countdown to our 22nd Year ...

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Happily Married and doing well❤
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
Hi Beloved! I've added Twitter and Facebook to destee.com - hoping it helps me pay closer attention to them both ... *sigh* ... we shall see ... :D ... :love:
Destee wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
MY $$RICH$$NESSSSSS!!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay:
butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!