Black People : Random Acts of Racism

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by spicybrown, Nov 17, 2005.

1. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    In recent years, living in a liberal country, it is safe to conclude that race relations have improved slowly, but surely. On the other hand Many Blacks and other minorities have testimony of a more sinister plot. I personally believe that as long as capitalism reigns supreme, of a surety, racism will be around for a while.

Question: What is the most overt racial incident you have experienced, as an individual, and how did you deal with it at that moment? :?:

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    Racism and class exploitation go hand in hand within the american capitalist system. One can not eradicate racism without dismantling the capitalist system of exploitation.

That stated, the most overt racial incident I experienced was in 1988. A group of us from the National African Youth Student Alliance, in conjunction with the African Student union at UCLA sponsored a noon concert with the rap group Public Enemy prior to a program featuring the NOI leader Minister Louis Farrakhan.

In a noon rally in Meyerhoff Park, in which I was one of the main speakers, we were confronted by Irv Rubin and members of the Jewish Defense league and the Jewish Defense Organization. They rushed the crwod, attempting to turn out our rally and prevent us from speaking. University police were present and prohibited them from bum rushing the podium as I was speaking. In response I almost incited a riot by chanting "Death to Zionism, death to Apartheid". As a result of this incident a group of zionists tried to get me expelled from graduate school and have me banned from student media as I was on the editorial board of the black student newspaper (NOMMO) and a member of the ASUCLA Communications Board.

In the aftermath, there were a number of racist articles which were run in the Daily Bruin and a number of Black student leaders, including myself, were selectively targeted and fired from peer counseling and tutoring programs in the Academic Advancement Program.

3. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    I don't know about Zionism, but I can guess it's about power and world control. That is obvious in a park called "Meyerhoff". I believe I read about an incident similar to this a few months ago, where some Jews supposedly sent a virus into Farrakhans computer system involving some financial issue, correct me if I'm wrong. How interesting that you were at the forefront of that battle. I bet that was something you'll never forget.:weird:

4. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

Hmmm.

Well, as for "random" acts of racism, I can't agree with that adjective.

Racists acts, whether overt or covert, are not by happenstance. They are premeditated and orchestrated to harm another physically, financially, socially, mentally/emotionally or socially.

In my adult life, the racists acts against me have been mostly covert.

As a child and teen, I did experience some overt racism.

When I got called the n-word, I would do my best to try to STOMP the perpetrator half to death!