Black Spirituality Religion : Ramadan

& lest we forget that A "Muslim" fasting during Ramadan is not to make trouble, lie, or argue with anyone as well as denying him/herself food and drink or else his/her fast is considered as broken and that Muslim will have failed in his duty to Allah...

مشاهدة الله

2nd 1/30th of Quran (Juz #2)

I. Juz#2 Al-Baqarah 2:142-252
A. Q i b l a h (direction in prayers)
B. The order of Allah to change Qiblah
C. The Ka'bah in Makkah was made the new Qiblah
D. The order to face towards Ka'bah as Qiblah during Salah (prayers)
E. Prescription to seek Allah's help
F. Martyrs are not dead
G. Allah will test the Believer's belief
H. Safa and Marwah are the symbols of Allah
I. The curse of Allah, the angels and all mankind is on those who conceal the truth
J. Signs from nature to recognize Allah
K. The mushrikïn will have severe punishment
L. The followers of misguided leaders will regret on the Day of Judgement
M. Do not follow the footsteps of Shaitãn
N. Do not profess the faith blindly
O. Prohibited (Harãm) food
P. Those who hide the truth for worldly gains swallow nothing but fire
Q. Islamic definition of righteousness
R. Islamic laws of retribution
S. Commandment of Allah to execute a "will"
T. The obligation of fasting
U. The revelation of the Qur'an and fasting in the month of Ramadhãn
V. Allah is very close to His devotees
W. Husband-wife relationship is permitted during the nights of the Fasting month
X. Timings of fasting
Y. Bribing is a sin
Z. The moon is to determine time periods
AA. Order to fight for a just cause
BB. Retaliation is made lawful even in the sacred months
CC. Commandment to give charity
DD. Hajj and Umrah (pilgrimage to Makkah)
EE. Restrictions during Hajj
FF. Performance of Hajj (pilgrimage)
GG. Hypocrisy vs. True belief
HH. Commandment of entering into Islam completely
II. Believers will rank above the disbelievers on the Day of Judgement
JJ. Mankind was one nation having one religion
KK. The way to Paradise passes through trials
LL. Charity and fighting (for just cause) is made obligatory
MM. Fighting during the Sacred Months is a heinous sin
NN. Punishment for 'mürtad' (the one who turns back from Islam)
OO. Allah's demand to worship Him Alone
PP. The claim of The Qur'an to be the Book of Allah
QQ. Reward for the believer
RR. Parable of gnat may confound
a. many and enlighten many
SS. How can you deny Allah?
TT. Story of Adam's creation
UU. Drinking and gambling are sinful (First Order of prohibition)
VV. The commandment to deal with orphans justly
WW. It is unlawful to marry a mushrik male or a female
XX. Do not misuse oaths taken in the name of Allah
YY. A limitation of four months is imposed on renouncing husband wife relationship
ZZ. Laws relating to divorce
AAA. Commandment of honorable and kind treatment to divorced women
a. There is no restriction on divorcees for remarriage
BBB. Commandment of breast feeding the babies
CCC. Widows are commanded to wait four months and ten days before remarriage
DDD. There is no restriction on the remarriage of widows
EEE. Commandments relating to dowry in the case of a divorce
FFF. Commandment for guarding the Salah (Prayers)
GGG. Executing a "Last Will and Testament" is made obligatory
HHH. Fight in the path of Allah without the fear of death since there is no escape from death
III. Israelites asked for a king to fight in the way of Allah
a. Allah appointed Talüt to be their king
JJJ. Majority of Israelites' failed in the test of their belief
KKK. Victory is not dependent on numbers
LLL. Believer's prayer for a victory
MMM. Allah reaffirmed the Prophethood of Muhammad (pbuh)

On Fasting During Ramadan

It is well known among Muslims in the west that western cusine is incompatible to ehalthy lifestyle in a general sense. But, we have learned through Fasting during Ramadan to be especially care to avoid western foods.

An Imam told us several years ago that we would become sick with diaria on the third of fourth day of fasting. That was the first time I had heard such a thing and also, the first time that I had begun Ramadan in that particlar sector of the Muslim Community. At the end of the Fast, we broke the fast with American style food. And just like clockwork, I was as sick as a dog on the thrid day of fasting.

I am still not excatly sure about what caused such a reaction. But, this year, I had the unhappy occasion of not eating the usual Islamic cuisine to break the Fast. But, I supplemented that with typical American. And, like clockwork, I got so sick I almost passed out. So, when I broke Fast again, a brother saw what I was eating and gave me a strong protest: Do not eat that stuff. It is not good for you. It has been cooked in wrong kind of oil. Throw it in the trash where it belongs.

I still do not know excatly what the deal is. But, he did mantion cooking oil. Americans cook in animal fat while we are Muslims limit ourselves to olive oil, or at worse, a very good vegetable oil. Also, Americans may cook fish for example in the same oil that they cook a pork sandwich. That destroys the Permissible condition of eating the fish. Fish cooked in oilk in which pork has been cooked is not Permissible to a Muslim.

But, the sisters have taught me that is about cooking ONLTY in Olive oil that is key to keeping the family healthy and happy. Since my bad experience among the American Muslims, I have always broken fast with the more traditional. There are 1400 years experience in IUslmaic Tradition. So, I trusted tradition. And, traiditon is not just avoiding eating western European and American especially during Ramadan, it emphasizes fruits and vegatable tot he point of a prefeerence to olive oil in everything, never animal fat. From the east, including much of Africa, the food is extremely delicious with a lot of spices. But, I have never known it to make me sick at Ramadan or any other time.

So, I recemmend that if you Fast, stick with tradition as much as possible. Over the centuries, the provblems have been solved and passed down to us. Trust what works and avoid what makes you sick. Consult with the Arabs, the Pakistanis, the Somalis, etc. They know more about Fasting than any American would know. Go back home to Islamic cuisine. And, you will be okay.

On Fasting During Ramadan

It is well known among Muslims in the west that western cusine is incompatible to ehalthy lifestyle in a general sense. But, we have learned through Fasting during Ramadan to be especially care to avoid western foods.

An Imam told us several years ago that we would become sick with diaria on the third of fourth day of fasting. That was the first time I had heard such a thing and also, the first time that I had begun Ramadan in that particlar sector of the Muslim Community. At the end of the Fast, we broke the fast with American style food. And just like clockwork, I was as sick as a dog on the thrid day of fasting.

I am still not excatly sure about what caused such a reaction. But, this year, I had the unhappy occasion of not eating the usual Islamic cuisine to break the Fast. But, I supplemented that with typical American. And, like clockwork, I got so sick I almost passed out. So, when I broke Fast again, a brother saw what I was eating and gave me a strong protest: Do not eat that stuff. It is not good for you. It has been cooked in wrong kind of oil. Throw it in the trash where it belongs.

I still do not know excatly what the deal is. But, he did mantion cooking oil. Americans cook in animal fat while we are Muslims limit ourselves to olive oil, or at worse, a very good vegetable oil. Also, Americans may cook fish for example in the same oil that they cook a pork sandwich. That destroys the Permissible condition of eating the fish. Fish cooked in oil in which pork has been cooked is not Permissible to a Muslim.

But, the sisters have taught me that is about cooking ONLTY in Olive oil that is key to keeping the family healthy and happy. Since my bad experience among the American Muslims, I have always broken fast with the more traditional. There are 1400 years experience in IUslmaic Tradition. So, I trusted tradition. And, traiditon is not just avoiding eating western European and American especially during Ramadan, it emphasizes fruits and vegatable tot he point of a prefeerence to olive oil in everything, never animal fat. From the east, including much of Africa, the food is extremely delicious with a lot of spices. But, I have never known to get sick from it at Ramadan or any other time.

So, I recemmend that if you Fast, stick with tradition as much as possible. Over the centuries, the problems have been solved and passed down to us. Trust what works and avoid what makes you sick. Consult with the Arabs, the Pakistanis, the Somalis, etc. They know more about Fasting than any American would know. Go back home to Islamic cuisine. And, everything will work out for the better.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back