Black People : Ralph Nader uses N word

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by indya, Jun 17, 2005.

1. indya

indya Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    If Ralph Nader doesn't stop dropping the N-bomb, Al Sharpton is going to wash out his mouth with soap.
    "Nader is not a racist by any stretch of the imagination," Sharpton told me yesterday. "He has a good track record. But he ought to be sensitive that he does not sanitize that word."

Speaking Wednesday night at a Washington fund-raiser to retire the debt from his 2004 presidential campaign, Nader complained that Democratic Party powerbrokers had kept him off the ballot in such Southern states as Georgia and Virginia - which reminded him of the oppressive Jim Crow laws that denied African-Americans equal rights.

"I felt like a [n-word]," remarked the 70-year-old white multimillionaire graduate of Princeton University and Harvard Law School.

Washington gadfly Evan Gahr reported Nader's comments on his chimpstein.com Web site.

"If Ed Koch had said what Ralph Nader said, we'd be marching," Sharpton noted. "This [scolding] doesn't rise to the level of a march. It rises to the level of a wrist slap."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/319830p-273490c.html

Now I've had issues with some things Sharpton does and this just caps them off for me. I don't like the word used at all and here's Sharpton basically saying it's not that bad because it's Ralph Nader?????

2. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Indya, perhaps, YOU should write Ralph a letter yourself, to make known your displeasure with his use of the N-word, rather than having "problems" with Al Sharpton...

Folks who have "PROBLEMS" with Al usually are from somewhere you cannot find them when an Amadou Diallo catches 20 bullets in the back... You can find Al, though... He aint hard to find when the doo-doos hittin' the fan...

Peace!
    Isaiah

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    welcome to the family, Ralph.
    now, may i have your daughter? :slobber:

4. MrSolo

MrSolo Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    The "N-word" has become more of a useless and ineffectual club, rather than a tangible and derogatory inference. It's used more out of ignorance, rather than with insinuation and intentional hate. Furthermore, it's effectiveness has been seriously diminished and eroded by the "constant" of interracial marraige and cultural immersion. One day it may go out of style, but it's never going to go away. My suggestion: get over it and find something else to gripe about.