Black Entertainment : Rakim speaking on eminem

Radical Faith said:
The white youth are clammering for a taste of what it's like to live the urban nightmare. This is the new addiction. I can pretend to shoot people, sell drugs, solicite prostitutes, jack cars and when it gets to be much, I can turn the game off and go back to middle class suburban life.

Definitely agree with this though I wouldn't say it's just a white thing. I grew up with some buppies that did precisely the same pretending before heading off to College.

Radical Faith said:
Eminem has skills, I'll give him that but him being compared to Muhammad Ali is more than a stretch. Again like I said the Rap Industry thrives off of the Anti-Hero image. Look at 50 cent. Music, Clothing Line, Videos, Record Label, Movies now Video Games. Just like the execs market and sell the image of a true to life gangster in 50 cent, they (Dre') have found a way to reach the so called disenfranchised white youth with Eminem. This is the lastest rage. The white youth are clammering for a taste of what it's like to live the urban nightmare. This is the new addiction. I can pretend to shoot people, sell drugs, solicite prostitutes, jack cars and when it gets to be much, I can turn the game off and go back to middle class suburban life. Eminem and 50 cent are making the best of their 15 minutes. Where will they will be when their time is up...

Peace.....

Radical Faith you have to understand that Rakim was speaking about Hip-Hop. If you call M the GOAT of Hip-Hop that is a disgrace to all pioneers of Hip-Hop. It aint the fact that he is white, it is the fact that he really has nothing to say.

Rappers are entertainers, Hip-Hop is suppose to be the life and voice of our people and for this guy to say a white guy is the best of doing that is foul.

Rakim is respected in the Hip-Hop genre as a deity, and for a deity to trade places with a jester is just a got d a m n shame.

MANASIAC said:
Radical Faith you have to understand that Rakim was speaking about Hip-Hop. If you call M the GOAT of Hip-Hop that is a disgrace to all pioneers of Hip-Hop. It aint the fact that he is white, it is the fact that he really has nothing to say.

Rappers are entertainers, Hip-Hop is suppose to be the life and voice of our people and for this guy to say a white guy is the best of doing that is foul.

Rakim is respected in the Hip-Hop genre as a deity, and for a deity to trade places with a jester is just a got d a m n shame.

I once viewed Rakim as the best lyricist in the history of Hip hop. Considering his failed comebacks and these recent comments I have to now finally give Tupac Shakur the top nod as far as consciousness is concerned. No way Pac woulda put Em ahead of himself.

omowalejabali said:

I once viewed Rakim as the best lyricist in the history of Hip hop. Considering his failed comebacks and these recent comments I have to now finally give Tupac Shakur the top nod as far as consciousness is concerned. No way Pac woulda put Em ahead of himself.

My Sentiments Exactly Brother omowalejabli

Man I remember when I first heard "I ain't no Joke"....blew my mind...from that moment Ra was King....later in his career when the beats were always the same Ra was still King because he had all the qualities of an emcee......I'll never give m & m with peanuts any credit because to me he sucks.....it takes more than the ability to rhyme words to be great ......m doesn't have the voice...his voice annoys the hell out of me......when I look at him that voice in the back of my head screams......"All is not what it appears!!!"....the same with most white rappers.....who become Black in order to make that change and when being Black is no longer profitable that cloak is shed and they go back to being Timmy trailer park hero.......I still think that at his time Ra was the greatest but my respect for him behind a statement like that has been buried ........I have more respect for Juicy J from triple six who stated about a white rapper on their label " he's the baddest white boy rapping in the South" ...feel me.....gotta make them distinctions baby.......

MississippiRed
Free Pimp C

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back