Black Parenting : Raising Our Kids Not To See Color?

Blackness is not a construct. It was defined before we were born. We dont get to change it to fit our version of reality

These are cultures and nations flawed human beings created...

So nothing about them were or are a given....

If that was or is true, no use striving to change anything at all....

People do evolve and grow, or they stagnate and die off...

Placed within the context of our presence on this particular continent, in this particular nation, etc., we've gone from generations of enslaved people, to free ones with limited rights, et al....

I. e., our folks are no longer the presumed/assumed hapless (and helpless) victims of the ole white plantation owners, nor bound to be hung from trees by a bunch of crazed ignorant white hicks, etc. '

Though, it is about how we rise above/beyond our challenges, via the here and now:

Certanly not my or your right to tell anybody they dare not redefine themselves, (since times have changed and so must we too), only if their choices reveal them to be a part of the problem or are striving to be a part of the solution...

FYI...

this discussion is greatly debated by parents raising mixed kids and black parents raising their children to accept people for who they are... Its never ending..

Actually it isn't never ending at all. Dr. John H. Clarke has done intensive study on this subject and actually has a video on youtube entitled: The Role of The Bastard Child In History. In his lecture he speaks to the confusion of the bastard child in terms of them not knowing where their alliegience and loyalty lies...and of how the bastard child has always been used against the interest of Afrakan peoples when we have viewed them as one of our own even though they did not regard themselves as such.

Dr. Ivan Van Sertima also speaks to this in the context that "although race is a misnomer as we see it, the world does not judge you based upon the unseen or one's genotype...we are all judged based upon our phenotype or outward physicality".

So I say this to say that, we can be stupid if we want to in terms of thinking that we can raise our children to be color blind if we want to....but go anywhere in the world and shout out "That niiiiggger just snatched my purse" and see if they stop a white man, an oriental, an Arab or a black man". Only then will we understand that Color Matters Greatly and to teach our children anything outside of that is a recipe for disaster!

I raise my kids to see color because it's the world they live in. They have to know that they have to be better than the white that is doing the same job they are doing/applying for. They have to know that what they do is going to be viewed differently than if a white did the same thing. Years ago when I became an Eng. I was in a suit, and my plans under my arm. And I was told to "hurry and put them on the table in the room before the meeting starts".

She though I was delivering them.:mad:

After I told her what the deal was she gave me that fake A...z apology. Now to show you my point, she directed all the other "white" men to the room, eventhough some of them were not dressed in a suit. Several guys she asked if they were there for the meeting, but me, she assumed I was there to drop off plans.

I teach them to see color, cuz that is how the world sees them.

Peace!

So I say this to say that, we can be stupid if we want to in terms of thinking that we can raise our children to be color blind if we want to....but go anywhere in the world and shout out "That niiiiggger just snatched my purse" and see if they stop a white man, an oriental, an Arab or a black man". Only then will we understand that Color Matters Greatly and to teach our children anything outside of that is a recipe for disaster!

:toast:

Nuff said!!!

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back