Black Parenting : Raising Daughters, Loving Sons

I believe this was in effect. It may be in effect now, but I don't know because all my friends have girls lol. There's one with boys but she JUST NOW had a girl. So I can't compare it.

I have a daughter and a son.

They get the same amount of...um, discipline. Neither gets more or less than the other.

Little boys need to learn to be men and I understand that but being lenient to bad behavior because "boys will be boys" is not an option to me.

I feel like some black parents feel the need to:

A) give a boy more leniency because he can't get pregnant while the daughter could; or
B) spoil a boy because his daddy's not in the picture and the mother's feeling guilt.

I know many black men my age and most of them are still living with their mothers with no intention of leaving.
One guy I know DID leave -- but his mother paid his rent and his car note. Ridiculous!

I'm 27.

All we as black people have to do is stop it in its tracks.
Don't allow it in your household!
Because I need my son to grow up to be a full man.

(No matter how adorable he is right now! *pinches cheeks* You so kurette!)

Hotep and Thanks for Sharing DreamyGyrl360!

Here's sending out vibrational energies (thoughts and loving feleings) that you achieve your stated goal. I KNOW you will Succeed!

M.E.

:hearts2:

DreamGyrl360 said:
I believe this was in effect. It may be in effect now, but I don't know because all my friends have girls lol. There's one with boys but she JUST NOW had a girl. So I can't compare it.

I have a daughter and a son.

They get the same amount of...um, discipline. Neither gets more or less than the other.

Little boys need to learn to be men and I understand that but being lenient to bad behavior because "boys will be boys" is not an option to me.

I feel like some black parents feel the need to:

A) give a boy more leniency because he can't get pregnant while the daughter could; or
B) spoil a boy because his daddy's not in the picture and the mother's feeling guilt.

I know many black men my age and most of them are still living with their mothers with no intention of leaving.
One guy I know DID leave -- but his mother paid his rent and his car note. Ridiculous!

I'm 27.

All we as black people have to do is stop it in its tracks.
Don't allow it in your household!
Because I need my son to grow up to be a full man.

(No matter how adorable he is right now! *pinches cheeks* You so kurette!)

Sis, it's in full effect!!! Look at the brothers around you...a whole lot of them at 18, 19, 20 on up to their middle 20s are still kids in many ways. We can take this on back to the Willie Lynch papers. The brothers today are strong but weak. The sisters are independent and wise....and that's coming out of mama's house, so we know the process is still going on.

Keita said:
Sis, it's in full effect!!! Look at the brothers around you...a whole lot of them at 18, 19, 20 on up to their middle 20s are still kids in many ways. We can take this on back to the Willie Lynch papers. The brothers today are strong but weak. The sisters are independent and wise....and that's coming out of mama's house, so we know the process is still going on.

Yes Brother Keita....I'm SURE it IS in full effect!
And when I posted this, it was after studying the patterns and behaviors of the OG's, those in their late 40's, 50's and 60's.
While listening to and witnessing the tactics of the mothers, the reasonings and justifications for what and how they and the males thier involved with do what they do.

Yes it does go back to the Willie Lynch papers and the general Post-Traumatic Slavery Snydrome. Simply a Behavioral manifestation of same.

Solutions anyone:?:

IN Love and Peace....

M.E.

:hearts2:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back