Raising Children In America

Ralfa'il

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 25, 2005
This is especially for the few of you who don't have children......

I frequent Canada a lot and recntly visited Europe and was amazed at how mannerable, well educated, and civil so many black people are in those places compared to us in America.

Everytime I go outside this country and see how black people carry themselves and get along with eachother and even the others in thier respective communities, I can't help but to wonder "what if".

It's too late for me in many respects....but my decision not to start a family or raise children in this current state of America is becoming more and more adamant with time.

I don't like how this society with it's corrupt racist media and dysfunctionaly educational system is spinning our black youth out...especially the black males. I just don't like how our youth are starting to think and behave.

Whether or not we should stay and fight to change or pick up and go elsewhere as individuals is a good debate but it's not why I started this thread.

I just want to know are other black people out there having doubts about raising children in this nation?

I can relate brother Ralfa'il. Besides the racism that black children face in this country, the United States has corrupt & materialistic values in general. I have also visited other countries, and my wife is not American (African born & raised in Spain). There is a remarkable difference in the level of respect & outlook on life that black children in other countries have. Everyday my wife tells me that she fears our children growing up with the values that are prevalent in this country. I guess all you can do is teach your children the values you want them to have, and limit their exposure to negative messages.

I agree and I have often (even to this very day) thought about leaving America, and I plan to do so. Not only is raising children properly harder in this country (from what I hear), but being well-off and comfortable as an adult is not very promising. I want to enjoy my life and I want to raise children in an environment where they value themselves and don't have to feel that white is right. Panafrica is right, it's not only a race issue, it's an issue surrounded by what America values. That's not what I want my kids to learn and follow. I want them to value the Earth and value love and life, not a stupid piece of paper.

Pan:

I have also visited other countries, and my wife is not American (African born & raised in Spain). There is a remarkable difference in the level of respect & outlook on life that black children in other countries have. Everyday my wife tells me that she fears our children growing up with the values that are prevalent in this country.

Ahhh...see now that's what I'm talking about.

A beautiful sista from the continent confident in her femininity with both feet firmly planted in her values and respect for family life.

I've met so many of the most beautiful jet-black skinned sistaz from Africa with radiant personalities because they haven't grown up in an environmnet that abused them for being darker than the other women and wrecked thier self esteem.

Ever since leaving Belgium, I said my wife will be either from Ghana or Senegal.

I guess all you can do is teach your children the values you want them to have, and limit their exposure to negative messages.
And that's hard to do when they have to go to school (usually a failing public school) to be brainwashed into hating themselves and then face hours more of negative influence coming from the television and radio and other peers who come from homes that don't share the same values.

No place is perfect, but I've seen better.

Kente:

I wish we had a stable nation of our own that we could choose to go to and raise our children with the esteem they need in a peaceful environment.

The same white man who is screwing up this society will screw up the next one over time.

The only way we can ensure that our children are brought up the way we want them to be is to control the environment ourselves and direct it's future.

Ralfa'il said:
And that's hard to do when they have to go to school (usually a failing public school) to be brainwashed into hating themselves and then face hours more of negative influence coming from the television and radio and other peers who come from homes that don't share the same values.No place is perfect, but I've seen better.

Yes it is, even though you can teach your children differently, counter messages that they receive in school & TV (you can't watch them 24 hours a day) will still negatively affect them.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back