Black People : Radical Women Shut Down Shell in Nigeria, MEND Leader Assassinated

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Amnat77, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    [​IMG]

A protest of Nigerian women shut down a Shell plant just one week after a group of Ugborodo women blockaded a Chevron natural gas pipeline. Last Sunday, the UN released a report largely exonerating Big Oil from damage done in the region, claiming that 90% of the environmental devastation is brought on by small, independent “bunkerers.” The Niger Delta has 606, which supply 8.2% of all US crude oil imports. There have been 300 major oil spills in the region, pouring about 8 million barrels of oil into the once lush area. Over the last two generations, life expectancy in rural communities has fallen to around 40 years old.
    Militant responses to the environmental catastrophe in the Niger Delta have taken the form of the potent Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), which has carried out a spate of carbombings, pipeline sabotages, kidnappings and threats against Big Oil and corrupt politicians. MEND signed an amnesty with the government of Nigeria only months ago in attempts to come to terms on problems concerning the Niger Delta, but peace has been tentative. Today, however, a great blow was dealt to the peace process and the healing of the region, when former MEND commander, Soboma George, was gunned down in an ambush by unknown assailants. Soboma had been playing soccer, and was on his way out of the field around Nembe street, town Area, Port Harcourt, Rivers State when four men in French suits got out of their Corolla and approached him. Unsuspecting Soboma refused to be intimidated, and the gunmen opened fire at close range with automatic weapons concealed in their clothes. The gunmen fled, leaving Soboma and two women to die in the street.

http://earthfirstnews.wordpress.com...wn-shell-in-nigeria-mend-leader-assassinated/

2. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Tufiakwa!

Curse the filth that walk this earth - especially those that carry our blood and betray it for green paper or status.

I pray our ancestors will punish them with the power that I currently lack.

One,

- Ikoro

3. HyperKill

HyperKill Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +319
    Sounds like he got set up. If an organized and armed movement creates enough havik, money will be offered. If the top leaders refuse the money or demand more, the offerers(shell) will see if he has any lowwer ranking members who will take it. I'm not saying thats what happen here but it's common, very common.

4. THE-GOD

THE-GOD Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128

where was the ancestors at during slavery?

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    the law of ausar

your nature is an unconquerable peace

therefore nothing or no one in the world can be against you

all experiences come to you to promote your reclamation of peace that you may in turn acquire wisdom and power

6. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    I hope and pray that's just a rhetorical comment, because if it isn't, you may well have it backwards...

Y'see, it is my guess that not unless and until that individual did or does something which makes them worthy etc., only then can they ever attempt to make calls to their ancestors, i. e., for advice and support, etc.

If our living ancestors at the time did not always mount effective defenses:

They had been the victims of unprovoked attacks etc. to begin with!

So let's do remember who they original invaders/occupators/etc. were!

:10500: