Black People : Racist feelings

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by African_Prince, Jun 5, 2011.

1. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    I honestly try not to but I can't help feeling the deepest hatred and contempt for White people, not all of them but in general. I know it's not fair to associate Whiteness with the traits I assume most Whites have because many Black people have the same traits but most of the ones I come across really do piss me off. The overwhelming majority of Whites I deal with or have dealt with in my life are catty, shallow, arrogant and amoral. I've tried suppressing it but it doesn't work, it feels so much better to be honest about the fact that I'm somewhat racist (or 'prejudiced' anyways, since I don't actually harm or discriminate against them). Does anyone else feel the same way?

lol @ my asking that on destee.com. I know somebody does.

2. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    You have a right to feel that way Brother. Our history with them validates that.
    But with every right, there is a responsibility. That is, you can feel what ever you want, you just don't have the right to act on those feelings in anyway you wish. You have a responsibiliy to act in a reasonable way.
    Sounds to me that you have done exactly that. Not only that, but you have risen to a level I don't ever see whites rising to as a whole.

3. Proverbs31Woman

Proverbs31Woman Be kinder than necessary! MEMBER

Ratings:
    +877
    I confess that my racist experiences coupled with my Grandmother's hatred did instill in me a deep hatred against whites. It was extremely difficult to live in predominately white areas with this hatred boiling. I had to put on a smile when I wanted to show them where to put it...the stories I could tell, like us all, wow. BUT, I praise God for my relationship with Him which removed the hatred and now their racist attempts motivate me to rise above them. I refuse to become one of them, never.

Brotha African_Prince, I humbly understand where you sit and commend you for not doing what is easy but instead rising above it all! That's what I love about Destee.com, this is our refuge to release it all and be embraced and loved on because we all share the same scars!

Peace and Blessings!

4. ManicRaider

ManicRaider Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +166
    I remember feeling like this in my mid-teen years. I was starting to lose my little kid look and so I started experiencing racism. It wasn't major but I definitely felt it and saw it. What made me angry at the time was that I wasn't "thugish" or "rough-looking". I always thought that those were the reasons for the majority of racism but I learned quickly that it was just because I was black. I could be Steve Freakin' Urkel and nothing would change. But I got older and it bothered me less and less.