Black People : Racist congressman verbally attacks muslims

dandan

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 8, 2006
Racist Virginia congressman Virgil Goode has told some constituents that unless immigration is tightened, “many more Muslims” will be elected.

Senator John Warner (R-VA) released a statement yesterday that he disagreed with Goode in which he offered that he respects the right of all members of Congress to freely “exercise the religion of their choice, including those of the Islamic faith utilizing the Quran.”

Spokesman Linwood Duncan said Goode’s letter was written in response to “complaints” his office received about Minnesota Rep.-elect Keith Ellison’s request to be sworn in using the Quran.

Goode has refused to show the letters he claimed were complaints.

Goode wrote, “When I raise my hand to take the oath on Swearing In Day, I will have the Bible in my other hand. I do not subscribe to using the Quran in any way.

“The Muslim representative from Minnesota was elected by the voters of that district and if American citizens don’t wake up and adopt the Virgil Goode position on immigration there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the Quran.”

“We need to stop illegal immigration totally and reduce legal immigration and end the diversity visas policy pushed hard by President Clinton and allowing many persons from the Middle East to come to this country.”

“I fear that in the next century we will have many more Muslims in the United States if we do not adopt the strict immigration policies that I believe are necessary to preserve the values and beliefs traditional to the United States of America and to prevent our resources from being swamped.”

http://www.nlaq.com/2006/12/24/republican-senator-verbally-attacks-muslims/

this is just another instance where america is showing the hypocracy that is/has been a staple of this country for centuries now.

there have been presidents that have not been sworn in using the bible, and jewish lawmakers are regularly sworn in using the torah. this man does not represent those followers of the quran that seek to do us harm. what this government is doing is favoring one set of religious values over another.

timothy mcveigh was a devout catholic who blew up that city building in oklahoma and he was even labled a terrorist but no one had any of these reactions to the bible. in fact look act the heinous acts of the past and present that have been comitted by people saying that god told them to do it.

peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back