Black People : racism

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by THA HOOKUPMAN, Dec 19, 2004.

1. THA HOOKUPMAN

THA HOOKUPMAN Banned MEMBER

FRRE THINKER
    Ratings:
    +17
    :thinking: if you have a golden toilet in another man's house (nation) you have got nothing. It is only when you have your own house (nation) that you can demand anything, because you don't even need to demand anything, you do it. It is only when you have your own nation that you can decide the value and the judgment of beauty. If I was ruling England and you came to run for a beauty contest, you could be disqualified even before you came. You're talking about racism; why not? :playball: This isn't your country. You cannot run for a beauty contest in a white man's country. You don't see any Europeans winning any beauty contest in China, Japan or India; but the funny thing is that they come and win one in Nigeria. As a matter of fact Miss Trinidad was a white girl. Miss Barbados also a white girl, and Miss Jamaica was a white girl, all of them in a Black country. And this is what I'm saying. You can call it racist, but you know I'm telling the truth.

What I hope I have done is to make you understand the necessity for further research; but more than all, the necessity to talk to your child. When your physician tells you that you are pregnant that's when you start teaching your child. Talk to the child at the time of birth. This is when his and/or her education starts, before he/she gets out of school, and before you and I die. :thinking: :thinking: ..hookup

2. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    So true Hook

I do not like any form of racism. Reversed either. If I don't play it I won't tolerate it being played on me. But I can only effect the things that directly stand before me in many cases. I won't tolerate my boss discrimininating. If I could write the countries that sponsored the pagents I would and let them know. I do not believe what took place represents the true essence of those countries.

I talk with my children, everyday. They have some white friends, but I still tell them to be on the look out for signs of foul play. My worst discrimination has been from other blacks. They have sold me out when I had the lion by the tail, and all they had to do is tell the truth to the agencies.

They flaked, and said. I haven't and don't experience that. They were lying. Vietnamese guys and girls have stood with me and my own let me down. I stood with them to because when they were being called names, cheated out of promotions like me. I told the boss, when given the chance and asked I would tell the truth. Still I rise.

3. Tyrone69

Tyrone69 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0

Did not a black women when Mis america one time in the white country?

4. IntuitioninMD

IntuitioninMD Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Do you think there is a certain age that you should start telling your child about the definition of racism?

What I have noticed is that a lot of people focus so much on racism itself. I tell my daughter all the time.. you do not have to HATE anyone to LOVE yourself. I started by explaining to her...that we buy dolls that look like us....

You cannot love anyone else until you love yourself. You cannot love another race of people until you love your own.

5. indya

indya Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    This is from the world fact book updated in 2004. This country isn't a black country it's half indian and half black.

Also Miss. America has been black in the US with blacks making up only about 17% of the population.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/td.html

Ethnic groups:
    East Indian (a local term - primarily immigrants from northern India) 40.3%, black 39.5%, mixed 18.4%, white 0.6%, Chinese and other 1.2%

6. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472

what about the hispanics?

7. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    First of all, I just want to make it known that I don't believe in beauty contests in any form, of any type and in any country. I've not done the research but I would strongly suspect that this modern parade of so-called beautiful women was a concept developed by white folk to serve as another way in which to spread it's elitist/racial ilk world-wide. Pitifully, now you find other nations comprised predominately of people of color, acceptiing the challenge and following suit. It's sad that some nations feel they must put their women of a certain physical type, on display before the world and declare them as beautiful., not realizing what doing that does in a negative way to other women who don't look like that and thankfully so. But no matter where it's done, or how it's done....it's completely superficial, has no value and serves no real purpose. All it does is spread a broad mental sickness and creates more women victims than we care to admit to. Women literally starving themselves, having unnecessary and dangerous plastic surgery and letting their minds be pimped by a social disease. I don't care whether a Black woman won in the U.S. or not--I think it's more important that we look at the social ill and its impact on US as a people.

Queenie :spinstar:

8. 1hotvirgowoman

1hotvirgowoman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6

So, what happened after that Hodee?

9. indya

indya Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    I agree with you. I don't like beauty pagents either. A lot of these women are at an unhealthy weight. I was watching Oprah once and she was showing how magazines airbrush the pictures of girls to make them look younger and skinnier than they are. These pictures are unrealistic and harmfull to young girls when they try to emulate them.

10. 1hotvirgowoman

1hotvirgowoman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    All I got to say about Beauty Pageants is that Beauty, is in the Eye of the Beholder!. These People put these ugly a** Girls up on Stage and Glorify them, calling them "Beautiful"- WHO gave them the Authourity to decide who's Beautiful and whose Not?. 'Sides, What we may consider Ugly, may be considered Beautiful in another Country. For example, out here in Body Concious Hollywood, being Fat is TERRIBLE!!! And you are automatically deemed as Unattractive, But, in Africa, being Obese is actually a GREAT thing. You are considered Royalty- because you have such an abundance of food, it means that you are eating and living well- You ARE Royalty!. Fat, IS Beautiful!!!

:cardio: I guess we Won't be seeing any of these in Africa huhn?