Black People : Racism: Trending Topic of 2017

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Aug 16, 2017.

1. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,157
    Trump referred to Haiti and African nations as ‘********’ countries
    WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump referred to Haiti and African nations as "******** countries" during a meeting with a bipartisan group of senators at the White House, a Democratic aide briefed on Thursday's meeting told NBC News.

Trump's comments were first reported by The Washington Post, which said the nations referred to by Trump also included El Salvador.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...ti-african-countries-********-nations-n836946

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,117
    So as to not spam the forum by posting the same/similar articles in different Threads, this issue was posted here, yesterday ...

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,117
    This is only the beginning, more and more, white folk will reach this same reality :great:

I hate being a white male
    and how that makes me hate being a white male even more
    Boy-oh-boy is it rough being a white dude. Lemme tell ya. First off, we don’t get enough attention. Plain and simple. Secondly… Still here?

[​IMG]
    t.j. peters
    Humor, hive mind, and Hofstadter’s Law. Prose and poem form. Some essays.
    Oct 30, 2017

... I hate that I feel like not being a bigot isn’t enough, I truly believe that all people should be treated equally, regardless of skin shade or genitals or (ir)relevant this-or-that (with perhaps the exception of the demographic that I fall into) and yet I take virtually no pride in that. Supporting equality doesn’t seem to matter when you’re this white and privileged. ...

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,117
    :facepalm: Still trying.

Exposed: London’s secretive eugenics conference and its neo-Nazi links
    A eugenics conference held annually at University College London by an honorary professor, the London Conference on Intelligence, is dominated by a secretive group of white supremacists with neo-Nazi links, London Student can exclusively reveal. Content note: This article contains references to racism, anti-Semitism and child abuse

[​IMG]
    London Student
    Jan 10

... The conference has taken place at UCL four times since its inception in 2014, and now even boasts its own YouTube channel bearing the UCL logo.

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,117
  6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,117
    :facepalm: ... That's a :crying: shame ...
    H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB is a Swedish multinational clothing-retail company known for its fast-fashion clothing for men, women, teenagers and children. Wikipedia

Mother of H&M Model in 'Racist' Monkey Hoodie Tells People to 'Get Over It'

[​IMG]

Christianna Silva

Newsweek

... His mom, Terry Mango, said on social media that there wasn’t anything wrong with the ad.
    "That's my son... I've been to all photo shoots and this was no an exception, everyone is entitled to their opinion about this," she said, according to a screenshot reported by BET ...

upload_2018-1-12_18-29-6.jpeg

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mother-h-m-model-apos-230957400.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_15

Mother of H&M Model in 'Racist' Monkey Hoodie Tells People to 'Get Over It'

H&M released an ad featuring a black American boy wearing a sweatshirt that says, “Coolest Monkey in the Jungle,” which garnered backlash from Twitter users and celebrities—but the boy's mom doesn’t seem to care. H&M issued an official apology...
    yahoo.com

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,117
    :facepalm:

Rachel Dolezal Is Protesting H&M Over Racist Hoodies By Selling Her Own

[​IMG]

Beatrice Dupuy

Newsweek

... Dolezal landed herself in more hot water for trying to sell her own “protest” hoodie, when she replaced “coolest monkey in the jungle” with “coolest prince in the hood.”

Dolezal said she came up with the hoodie idea after her son was called a monkey in school.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rachel-dolezal-protesting-h-m-232428518.html

Rachel Dolezal Is Protesting H&M Over Racist Hoodies By Selling Her Own

Rachel Dolezal is once again speaking out when she has no skin in the game. Dolezal, the former head of the Spokane chapter of the NAACP, who was outed by her parents as white, added her voice to the H&M controversy, where a picture of a black...
    yahoo.com

[​IMG]

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,117
    :rofl:

Oops! Rachel Dolezal responds to H&M racist ad controversy with her own 'racist' sweatshirt design, which she then changes

By Michael Bartiromo | Fox News

... But Dolezal had to then change the message on her “protest hoodie” after her design was criticized for being racist as well, forcing her to drop the word “hood,” Complex reports.
    After toying with a design that read “Coolest Prince in the World,” Dolezal announced on Instagram that she has settled on a slogan reading “Coolest Prince on the Planet,” which she’s selling for $15 ...

http://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/20...ist-sweatshirt-design-which-then-changes.html

Oops! Rachel Dolezal responds to H&M racist ad controversy with her own 'racist' sweatshirt design, which she then changes

Dolezal has decided to insert herself into the controversy surrounding H&M’s “Coolest Monkey in the Jungle” sweatshirt.
    foxnews.com

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,117
    :facepalm:

Professor Teaching ‘White Racism’ Class Gets Hundreds of ‘Vile’ Calls and Emails

[​IMG]

Katie Reilly

Time

... Thornhill, who is black and has been teaching classes on structural racism for a decade, has received messages asking why he doesn’t teach a class on “black racism” instead of “white racism” and arguing that racism is no longer an issue in the wake of a black U.S. president. He says those messages will become a relevant part of his lessons at FGCU this semester.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-apos-not-attack-white-223024837.html

Professor Teaching ‘White Racism’ Class Gets Hundreds of ‘Vile’ Calls and Emails

"I think we need to name white racism"
    yahoo.com

10. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,157
    Wow...the one thing #45 has managed successfully to do is throw his white hood down and show his face to the world, embolden his base and start a national and global conversation about race.

What white people do and say doesn't surprise me. And those that try to appear as though they stand with us and among us to fight racism, they need to know that some of us Black folk ain't looking to them to save and deliver us from this evil. Speak out against #45 and his crew if they must, but know that what they say doesn't make conscious Black people all starry-eyed, warm and mushy.

What disappoints and scares me the most though, it even makes me scratch my head in total confusion---is to watch people who look Black support the ilk of a bona-fide and obvious racist, DENY he's a racist, and simply explain his actions away by claiming he's just ignorant and uninformed??? :confused:

Why...Why...Why would a Black person, in their right mind, excuse someone who has just insulted not just them but their entire race and other people of color?? How can they set themselves up to be apologists for a sick minded and despicable person who spreads hate and DOES NOT value or respect them? I was horrified and deeply embarrassed to watch the relatives of Dr. King standing in the WH...the very same building that slaves built, showing all their teeth while #45 signed a proclamation that was supposed to honor Dr. King. :eek: Help me understand that, please! Why, oh why, didn't they boycott that event instead of standing there grinning while waiting to SHAKE 45's hand??? They actually TOUCHED him...:( To be honest, I'm not a big fan of his but where was MLK III...Dexter...Bernice?? They are the children of Dr. King ... definitely smarter than, probably those 4th cousins who jumped at the chance to be seen on TV. I hope the children of Dr. King stand up to shed some light on that situation that took place in the WH and to call out cousin Isaac Newton Farris to be clear that he does not represent the sons and daughters of Dr. King.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/12/polit...is-martin-luther-king-donald-trump/index.html

MLK nephew: Trump 'racially ignorant and racially uninformed'

Isaac Newton Farris Jr., Martin Luther King Jr.'s nephew, told CNN on Friday that while he does not believe President Donald Trump is a "racist in the traditional sense," he does think the President is "racially ignorant and racially uninformed."
    cnn.com