Black People : Racism: Trending Topic of 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022.

:facepalm:

Professor Teaching ‘White Racism’ Class Gets Hundreds of ‘Vile’ Calls and Emails

Katie Reilly

Time

... Thornhill, who is black and has been teaching classes on structural racism for a decade, has received messages asking why he doesn’t teach a class on “black racism” instead of “white racism” and arguing that racism is no longer an issue in the wake of a black U.S. president. He says those messages will become a relevant part of his lessons at FGCU this semester.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-apos-not-attack-white-223024837.html

Wow...the one thing #45 has managed successfully to do is throw his white hood down and show his face to the world, embolden his base and start a national and global conversation about race.

What white people do and say doesn't surprise me. And those that try to appear as though they stand with us and among us to fight racism, they need to know that some of us Black folk ain't looking to them to save and deliver us from this evil. Speak out against #45 and his crew if they must, but know that what they say doesn't make conscious Black people all starry-eyed, warm and mushy.

What disappoints and scares me the most though, it even makes me scratch my head in total confusion---is to watch people who look Black support the ilk of a bona-fide and obvious racist, DENY he's a racist, and simply explain his actions away by claiming he's just ignorant and uninformed??? :confused:

Why...Why...Why would a Black person, in their right mind, excuse someone who has just insulted not just them but their entire race and other people of color?? How can they set themselves up to be apologists for a sick minded and despicable person who spreads hate and DOES NOT value or respect them? I was horrified and deeply embarrassed to watch the relatives of Dr. King standing in the WH...the very same building that slaves built, showing all their teeth while #45 signed a proclamation that was supposed to honor Dr. King. :eek: Help me understand that, please! Why, oh why, didn't they boycott that event instead of standing there grinning while waiting to SHAKE 45's hand??? They actually TOUCHED him...:( To be honest, I'm not a big fan of his but where was MLK III...Dexter...Bernice?? They are the children of Dr. King ... definitely smarter than, probably those 4th cousins who jumped at the chance to be seen on TV. I hope the children of Dr. King stand up to shed some light on that situation that took place in the WH and to call out cousin Isaac Newton Farris to be clear that he does not represent the sons and daughters of Dr. King.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/12/polit...is-martin-luther-king-donald-trump/index.html

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back