Black People : Racism: Trending Topic of 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022.

:great:

Wake Forest apologizes for slavery in university's past

https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/t...om/en/ap.org/e86415aff6a770b150dd543d76f9846f
Wake Forest-Racial Tensions
The Calvin Jones House stands in a park just off Main Street in Wake Forest, N.C., on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2020. The 1820s plantation house was the birthplace of what is now Wake Forest University. Early students lived in what had been the plantation slave cabins. (AP Photo/Allen G. Breed)

TOM FOREMAN Jr.
Associated Press

:rofl:

Study Finds Many White Nationalists Are Upset About Their Genetic-Ancestry-Test Results

... Sociologist Aaron Panofsky explained to STAT News that many of the white nationalists would post their results, even if they were upset to learn they weren’t completely “white” — which was surprising because “they will basically say if you want to be a member of Stormfront you have to be 100 percent white European, not Jewish” ...

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/study-finds-many-white-nationalists-172104845.html

d335ec9350e0b647bcd4bb7f35af3e66

Lisa Ryan
The CutAugust 16, 2017

Ha! No surprise here.....

:facepalm:

How Well-Intentioned White Families Can Perpetuate Racism
The sociologist Margaret Hagerman spent two years embedded in upper-middle-class white households, listening in on conversations about race

These kids and their parents display a range of beliefs about race. “Racism is not a problem,” one girl tells Hagerman, adding that it “was a problem when all those slaves were around and that, like, bus thing and the water fountain.” Meanwhile, the girl’s mother nods along.

The Atlantic
Joe Pinsker

direct

Photo by Gretchen Ertl / Reuters

:facepalm:

My Family’s Slave
She lived with us for 56 years. She raised me and my siblings without pay. I was 11, a typical American kid, before I realized who she was

The Atlantic
Alex Tizon

direct

All photos courtesy of Alex Tizon and his family

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back