Black People : Racism: Trending Topic of 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022.

:great:

A white woman who pointed her gun at a Black woman and her 15-year-old daughter outside a Chipotle has been arrested

Jillian Wuestenberg.

Jillian Wuestenberg.
Twitter/@makaysmith10

kmclaughlin@businessinsider.com (Kelly McLaughlin)
INSIDER

:facepalm:

What's behind the crying, screaming 'Karen' meltdowns that keep going viral? Experts explain

“I think what is going on underneath when somebody like that has a reaction,” she explains, “is defensiveness, and showing this sense of themselves as not a bad person, or not falling into a ‘bad’ category,” which, she says, is what most people understand “racist” to be. So by crying and screaming, she adds, these people are often “trying to hold on to a sense of themselves as a positive contributor to society and not someone that could be criticized.”

Kamilah Newton
Kamilah Newton

:facepalm: so there was a decent Brown in your ancestral line...

My ancestors founded Brown University. Its connection to slavery isn't what you've heard

Two-hundred-twenty years ago, my brash, flamboyant great-great-great-great-great uncle, John Brown, stood up in Congress to defend the right of American merchants to engage in the slave trade. Some 150 years later, my grandfather, as assistant secretary of the Navy, was instrumental in desegregating the U.S. Navy during the Truman administration. His grandfather actively supported abolition initiatives before the Civil War and reconstruction efforts thereafter.

Sylvia Brown, Opinion contributor
USA TODAY Opinion

Meet the only woman to have "signed" the Declaration of Independence

Mary Katherine Goddard is unfamiliar to many Americans, but her name sits on the Declaration of Independence alongside those of founding fathers like Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson.
At the bottom of the document is written "Baltimore, in Maryland: Printed by Mary Katherine Goddard."
Goddard, who was working as printer at the time, voluntarily inscribed her full name on the document. In what was the middle of the American Revolutionary War, Congress fled Philadelphia and settled temporarily in Baltimore. When they needed somebody to print the Declaration, Goddard was the person to help.

CBS News

:great: That's speaking truth to power, yes!

A Teacher Held a Famous Racism Exercise in 1968. She's Still at it

“I’m not a white woman. I’m a faded Black person,” Elliott says, stunning the hosts. “My people moved far from the equator, and that’s the only reason my skin is lighter.”

“Wow,” Pinkett Smith says back. “I’m with you, Jane!”

Alisha Haridasani Gupta
The New York Times

As the recent wave of demonstrations reaches every corner of the U.S., drawing more white people than previous protests against racism, Jane Elliott's long-standing anti-racism work has been thrust back in the spotlight. (Amrita Marino/The New York Times)

As the recent wave of demonstrations reaches every corner of the U.S., drawing more white people than previous protests against racism, Jane Elliott's long-standing anti-racism work has been thrust back in the spotlight. (Amrita Marino/The New York Times)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back