Black People Politics : RACISM GROWING

May be an image of text that says 'け AJ+ A Black student at a Mississippi high school says she wasn't named student salutatorian despite having a higher grade point avg. than the white student selected. The school dist. was only desegregated in 2017. She told @washingtonpostit cost her a scholarship. So she's suing. CLEVELAND SCHOOL DISTRICT 08-40'

May be an image of 1 person

TRYING TO GET A TABLE WHILE BLACK:
In Atlanta, you know a restaurant has to be extremely racist to not allow seating & turn away a Hall of Famer who is inarguably the greatest basketball player the city has ever had, & currently the color analyst for the Atlanta Hawks. But that’s what happened to NBA legend DOMINIQUE WILKINS at Le Bilboquet Restaurant on Saturday. So I know you’re wondering how restaurants can get away with turning away people based on skin color. Well, I call it the old “you haven’t met the dress code” trick. The trick is to not have a set dress code policy so you can change it from person to person trying to enter your business. If you’ve hung out long enough, you’ve probably been subject to this age old tactic that establishment gatekeepers use to decide who can get in & who they can stop from getting in. It’s happened to me a few times. If you are the right complexion, any clothing is acceptable. If you are the wrong complexion (especially those of us who don’t pass the paper bag test), then you better be wearing a tux & look like you just came from the Oscars.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back