The Front Porch : Racism and Hate: Charleston Is America

Well said Al D, well put indeed, and Welcome to Destee.com. Pull up a chair and make yourself at home, because you are.

This also makes sense:

"We as Black people have also been complicit in the hindrance and sabotage of own progress as well and we need to also address that ... But this is about White Supremacy and the ugly children of racism and hate that she breeds."

I'm looking forward to having dialog with you, Al ...

Peace In,

Clyde

Thank you Clyde and I as well. Peace and Blessings....

Exactly. The guiding principles you outline are spot on. Following them, we can use the resources available to us on Destee to do the work of organizing ourselves.

Multiple approaches to achieving Selfhood are needed. So I don’t think we have to limit ourselves to only one approach. Some of us may be skilled and interested in teaching nutrition, some may be able to mentor others to develop their money-making ideas and become entrepreneurs, some may be excellent organizers and can help us plan strategies and draft resolutions. I could go on and on. And to be honest, I don’t even know what all we can do on the site. But we should find out. The important thing is that Destee exists and is already our gathering place. Now all we have to do is to start contributing to the process. As India Arie put it, "Get in where you fit in. Go on and shine!"

Then, what we create here can be carried out into the larger community to our churches, clubs, social gatherings and political activities. So I envision this process like a wheel where Destee is the hub and those of us who do the work here are the spokes that carry our process out into the farthest reaches of each of our communities. Not only can we build our nation, we HAVE TO. Or as you’ve said, we’re doomed.

Peace

Exactly. The guiding principles you outline are spot on. Following them, we can use the resources available to us on Destee to do the work of organizing ourselves.

Multiple approaches to achieving Selfhood are needed. So I don’t think we have to limit ourselves to only one approach. Some of us may be skilled and interested in teaching nutrition, some may be able to mentor others to develop their money-making ideas and become entrepreneurs, some may be excellent organizers and can help us plan strategies and draft resolutions. I could go on and on. And to be honest, I don’t even know what all we can do on the site. But we should find out. The important thing is that Destee exists and is already our gathering place. Now all we have to do is to start contributing to the process. As India Arie put it, "Get in where you fit in. Go on and shine!"

Then, what we create here can be carried out into the larger community to our churches, clubs, social gatherings and political activities. So I envision this process like a wheel where Destee is the hub and those of us who do the work here are the spokes that carry our process out into the farthest reaches of each of our communities. Not only can we build our nation, we HAVE TO. Or as you’ve said, we’re doomed.

Peace
It's a calling that's been echoing throughout our culture for some time. I like your quote ( As India Arie put it, "Get in where you fit in. Go on and shine!" ) Let's do just that.., We shall continue to discuss this and gradually move towards implementing it. The greatest of achievements have small beginnings!!! This is a beginning.. Peace & Blessings Sister....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back