Black People : Racial slurs/remarks:Do they really offend u or...

naija-man

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 17, 2003
PLANET EARTH
Occupation
STUDENT
does it just roll off your back?

I'm asking because a few weeks ago, One evening on my way home a guy driving past in his van yelled out "You...black..b*stard"....I didn't understand him straight away; till a split second later...i was yelled back,"Suck your mother,(UK slang-abuse)you white devil"..I doubt he heard me.

anyway..to be honest I wasn't even offend/upset or angry(just a bit surprised)..the guy seemed like a total jackass to me.

so what about U guys?, have u or will be offended in a similar situation?
or have u experienced any direct racial abuse??

does it just roll off your back?

I'm asking because a few weeks ago, One evening on my way home a guy driving past in his van yelled out "You...black..b*stard"....I didn't understand him straight away; till a split second later...i was yelled back,"Suck your mother,(UK slang-abuse)you white devil"..I doubt he heard me.

anyway..to be honest I wasn't even offend/upset or angry(just a bit surprised)..the guy seemed like a total jackass to me.

so what about U guys?, have u or will be offended in a similar situation?
or have u experienced any direct racial abuse??

It's funny i used to be really sensitive about that when was in the US, upon moving to the UK, i grew a hard shell so it doesn't bother me anymore. With racism been so overt over here(and my line of work), its almost an everyday occurrence for me.

Whites and people of other races here have no qualms about calling a black person colored, no lie its like I'm stuck in the movie Mississippi burning!

oh yeah, i guess it doesn't help that i work around a bunch of old white English uneducated men.

Long ago...

in another lifetime I fought a white girl for calling me the N word.
But afterward I felt somewhat embarrassed of my behavior. I am older and
wiser and will not display that kind of behavior should it happen again.

AnyWho, to answer your question... I would let it roll off my back.
They are expecting a certain reaction and I refuse to give them
that satisfaction.

MaddSistahlyLove!
Coco:heart:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Hi @Cindy .... :wave: ... :flowers: ... :wave: ... Happy New Year Beloved! Welcome Home! Good to see you! Much Much Love and Peace :heart:
Back