Black People : RACIAL SLURS ON TSUNAMI VICTIMS FROM HIPHOP RADIO PERSONALITIES

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Isaiah, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Peops, I was numb when I heard the garbage that came out of the mouths of these young African Americans about the Tsunami victims, and Asians in general... Do we think it's cool to be ugly, to do unto others as has been done unto us??? Don't we have a higher standard than this... This was unjustifiable and indefensible - and mad ugly! Check the Websites below for more...

http://www.hiphopmusic.com/archives/000763.html

http://sify.com/news/international/fullstory.php?id=13655795

Peace!
    Isaiah

2. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

I'm totally unsurprised at this. You're talking about a radio format that plays music that does nothing if anything at all to raise the conciousness of anyone. Black, Red or Brown.

3. Lynne'

Lynne' Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    That's just the ignorance that is gonna keep holdin us back.

Just curious-what did they say in the song?

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Brother Isaiah ... thanks for sharing, i had not heard one word about this!

I found a clip of the show, where this is a heated exchange between "Miss Jones" and "Miss Info" who is Asian and wanted to go on record as not supporting the playing of this song. Then the song plays. It is very insensitive.

Here's a link Family, if you've not heard it already:

http://students.washington.edu/jeesuk/longer_hot97_tsunami.mp3

:heart:

Destee

5. mystic1974

mystic1974 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    you know what? i'm going to have to agree that this is not a surprise. These people are seriously ignorant and they need to be off the air but we know they are not going anywhere. We are a psychologically, spiritually, and culturally sick people.

6. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Thanks for the audio Destee. That is true ignorance in action. They lost their jobs. Mcdonald and Sprint have pulled ads. Other sponsors are considering it. New York. I knew some screws were loose. They all landed on that station.

They have a whole slew of audio on their front web page of tasteless jokes and what they consider humor. Let a fool or a dog run long enough and they will hang themselves on thier own chain! :D lol lol

7. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    If anything, this does not call for self-hatred.

I know that it may look and sound bad, but remember, as a people whether we like it or not, we all are responsible for this. The radio station may have made the slur, but now other races are going to look at us and think we are all like that. I am not going to complain about how Hot97 may be stupid for what they say. I will just say it like this people, and this is why I am also not surprised:

This is what happens when you allow Comedy to get out of hand. The only reason they "apologised" is because they were being punished for it. Iraq lost many casualties, and the whole U.S. is making a Comedy series hit out of that. Africa looses max-amount of people due to AIDS everyday, and the U.S. makes a Comedy series out of that.

So if you do not like this type of thing happening, stand up for what you believe in; Find a way to end the problem. Talking about it will get you nowhere.

CD

8. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I think this is a bunch of garbage. Black Folks have been lynched and killed in this world, and joked and clowned around the globe and everybody just laughed.

I am not saying what they said was funny, but I always wonder why when Black Folks get out of line we get a lashing.

And when white folks do it, they get a check cashing.

not being insensitive but I really do not think this is that serious.

9. Steve69

Steve69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    To be fair it has been in the news where plenty of whites have been fired for remarks against us. The most recent was the Martin Luther Coon Day affair. Also a number reporting on sports.

10. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I've hear what you are saying brother Manasiac. However I've listened to this show before. These people have made fun of a learning disabled boy falling down a elevator shaft and getting killed! They have laughed at a nun getting run over and killed! They have made jokes about a infant being thrown out of a 3rd story floor by its 13 year mother! I've actually heard them laugh at these things myself! This particular morning crew has no sense of decency! They hold nothing sacred, and have no sense of social responsibility! In this particular case they "pissed" off the wrong group. However they have made more ignorant comments about black people! I don't celebrate black folk losing their job, but this particular group needed to go! Our people need to be better represented than they were doing!