Black Education / Schools : Racial Profiling: Blk students arrested; whites get to party on

Discussion in 'Black Education / Schools' started by Kadijah, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Recently, I read about black Law students at Harvard renting a club in an upscale neighborhood for a graduation party. The club owners shut down the party, said the collegiate black females waiting on the outside to get in were attracting gang-bangers (Gangs "patrol" 99% white upscale neighborhoods looking for sistahs?).

Seems that's a trend - blacks who get college degrees get hassled for celebrating their graduations. In this case, the arrests were definitely linked to race for white recent grads at the SAME shool but "across the street" were not arrested for celebrating their graduations.

http://www.africanglobe.net/headlines/racial-profiling-black-students-arrested-white-students-party/

2. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    All good and fine, but.... their lives were interrupted. A good time being had by all was not only interrupted, but the memory of it trashed. Law-abiding, soon to be productive citizens had all the assumptions of their lives and futures snatched and twisted, and the "work hard, keep your nose clean, get your education" foundations of their world shaken. The "good news(?)" is that in the case of the Law grad who wrote the piece, it brought back to him the sobering reality that even the best education won't save you from racism. The racism of the owner of the bar and his bouncer, same for the partying grads in the OP, was precipitated by envy, plain and simple.

Racism is "using the power of ones race to oppress one of another race." The bar owner and barely educated bouncer eagerly seized upon, operated under the knowledge that they could vent their envy and bile at the "pampered" Ivy League crowd through harassing the minority blacks of that crowd; that there would be no (lasting) consequences precisely because the party-goers were black. They would never have done that to white Harvard grads, not only for fear of legal reprisal, but because OTHER Harvard students would stop patronizing the bar and the owner would go out of business and the bouncer lose his job.

3. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    While I understand your "pragmatic" approach, I feel that the humanity of those involved, their feelings of self-worth, of being "master of one's own fate", etc. is more important than the legal, especially when the Law students would have to PROVE.... to white people.... that the incident was fueled by racism, and not that the bar owner had a right to shut down the private party (they rented out the bar) for fear of mayhem, as he claimed.

This is why they say a lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a lawyer. The "emotional" element. They were violated, their worlds shaken. That is what I'm looking at, not any reprisals which may or may not be administered by the same race people as the preps.

4. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    I believe it has been that way since slavery, nothing new, If only the so called Black folks would wake up and stop partying and start to do something to get their mind right. Obviously when it comes to the white man college degrees don't mean a thing, they will still treat you like a negros and negresses, wake up people.

5. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    They were not so much partying as celebrating having gotten their minds together and graduating.

6. Black-king

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    My point is our people need to realize that the place that thy live in is the land of their captivity, its about time they learn that there is no such thing as equality here. You see 100 of these racial profiling articles but if I were to ask one of these women if the white man is their enemy, I bet they would say no.

7. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Uh, did you not get the "emotional" aspects of it? I mean, if your mother were to abandon you at age 10 and take all your toys, do you seriously think taking her to court and getting your "toys" back would "make you whole?"

8. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    I'm sorry, but what "women" are you talking about?

9. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    You posted too quickly! :lol:

I added on to my last post:

"I mean, if your mother were to abandon you at age 10 and take all your toys, do you seriously think taking her to court and getting your "toys" back would "make you whole?"

If someone breaks your legs and puts you in a wheelchair for life, them going to jail for umpteen years doesn't negate the fact that you're crippled....

10. Black-king

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    collegiate Black females that were waiting outside.