Black Relationships : "Racial Intermarriage...On the rise in USA"

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Nia Maishani, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Nia Maishani

Nia Maishani Well-Known Member MEMBER

Business Owner
    Displaced at the Junction of Hoosiers and Bluegras
    Ratings:
    +1
    View the full text of the article here:

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/USAToda...sc=Racial+intermarriage+is+on+the+rise+in+USA

In this (admittedly dated) article, USA Today April 7, 1997 further reported that "Asian-American women marry out at a higher rate than Asian-American men; black men are much more likely to marry out than black women ...

:wave: to Kemetstry

"People in California or Hawaii are much more apt to marry out than those in the South or Midwest...the most important single factor was service in the armed forces".

Those who served in the armed forces were exponentially more likely to marry outside their own culture. Findings were presented by researcher/demographer Reynolds Farley to the Population Association of America.

2. Nia Maishani

Nia Maishani Well-Known Member MEMBER

Business Owner
    Displaced at the Junction of Hoosiers and Bluegras
    Ratings:
    +1
    "...and for 3,000 years, the enemy has either been at the door, in the house or in our beds. Now this last item is cruel. It is cruel because when you study the nature of conquest, the first thing the conqueror assumes that belongs to him are your women. And the first thing the conqueror beginns to do is the bastardization of a people. When a people are bastardized there is set up among them a separate group within the group who are at odds within themselves about their loyalty."

~From "New Dimensions In African History: The Nile Valley to the New World--Science, Invention and Technology" by Dr. Yosef ben Jochanan and Dr. John Henrik Clark

:teach:

3. yaphet al-wynn

yaphet al-wynn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    My views are widely known on this subject on this board and others. What the article does not address is that there is MORE interracial dating or cohabitation (without marriage) between Black men and white women and vice versa with Black women and white men. But the numbers drastically go down with MARRIAGE. As far as marriage and dating, Black men DO date and marry out than Black women do. However of all divorces in interracial marriages(Black/white) than any others (from what I can research or what I found and if I am wrong-please correct me) is between Black women and white men! Percentages of divorce with Black men (with Both Black women and white women) stays about the same. But monoracial (Black only) divorces is LOWER than any combination of interracial divorces except for monoracial (white only) divorces (or about the same percentages depending on which stat that is looked at). Hey looked this up on the Census 1990 and 2000. But interracial divorce rates are harder to come by. But about one or 2 stats that I did find, did validate that monoracial divorce rates are lower than interracial divorces. If someone has more definite info, love to see it.

4. Tantrum

Tantrum Well-Known Member MEMBER

Pos Technical Support
    Ratings:
    +12
    interracial