Black People : Race Relations - Diversity - Sorry if it don't make sense

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by blazejay, Aug 3, 2012.

1. blazejay

blazejay Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    This topic I am about to embark upon is a subject that a lot of people do not want to talk about,but this is a hot button issue with me.
    I am also apologizing ahead of time if anyone think or feel that what I am stating is rant,venting,hate or pure negativity, I am sorry.
    What is eating at me is race relations because I see it everyday racist acts and one form or another racism being played out in my county,city,state.
    I hear "diversity" and "equality" being thrown around a lot, but excuse my profane language, but how in the hell is we equal?

When a minority are already subjected to the penal system, and undereducated ?
    When you have grown *** people treating each other disrespectfully because they were the majority and now the minority?
    How is it equal when you are an African-American male/female who desire to further their education is discourage to attend an university because of their financial situation or test score while their counterpart can easily get all types of Financial Aide and Scholarships,Fellowships,etc...?
    They are now subjected to debt and taken on loans.

When we try our best to contribute something positive, they try their hardest to put you in the same place or group.
    We did not enslave and program people to hate one another,but we are wrong or "whining" when we do right, but not properly rewarded for efforts.
    Their definition of "Diversity" is screwed there is no diversity, when you deprive someone of their rights and complain when we voice our dissatisfaction or "We playing the race card" when things are not going well.
    I understand that life is not fair, but have they live in our skin?
    Have they experience the scars and pains, or was robbed of their true history?

We was taught their HIS STORY not ours, I am fed up and tired of the lies and the ignorant thinking that this country can ever get past race relations.
    I am tired of all this negativity I am sensing from people here.
    They think because of their culture and ethnicity it make a perfect world, The bottom line is that we got to really pull together and acknowledge that they truly hate us regardless of all the so call "Progress" we made they will still see us as unequal.

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hello blazejay,

There's no need to apologize for expressing what you passionately believe. You've made some very deep points and I understood perfectly where you're coming from. You're not alone. Unless we decide it's best for us to stick our heads in the sand or walk around with our heads in the clouds, it's a challenging and often difficult journey for us. We're not monks sitting on the top of some mountain meditating all day trying to achieve ultimate enlightenment. Our feet are firmly planted on soil that is foreign to us (America) but we try as best we can to survive without losing ourselves in the process.

Vent, let loose the rage and the pain that you feel...here...among the people who are making that journey with you. Soak up the knowledge that is prevalent here. Bask in it because it leads away from tyranny and lies to the path of freedom and truth for us. It's up to each of us to decide whether to step onto that path or not.

You said, "I am tired of all this negativity I am sensing from people here." The "negativity" that you sense may be our reality instead that is told over and over again in the threads here. It's so important for us to be real about our experiences, and yes, we have a powerful and oftentimes overwhelming story to tell but we must continue to peel back the layers of oppression, layer by layer, to find our true selves again. I've heard of a saying..."no pain, no gain." In this instance, that may be very true. If you feel the pain, that doesn't have to be a bad thing if you choose to look at it positively. The pain you feel could be growing pains; growth achieved from the knowledge that you have chosen to receive.

Hang in here with us blazejay. You've got so many "elders" here who will guide you to the "right" path through knowledge and awareness, and when you get tired, we will carry you some of the way until you feel strong enough again to stand on your own and lead with us.

Peace :flowers:

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Very well stated!...and the strange part is that you are so right concerning the pain as well as the stories that have yet to be told. Such is the case with "buck breaking". Very few people ever speak on this, particularly black men. Buck Breaking was the process whereby they would look out into our people and pick out the male leaders or those that they perceived as being PHYSICALLY STRONG. They would then call all the people together where they would witness this strong black man being tied down spread eagle and De-masculated by white men through his anus by their homosexual acts. This was their way of sending the message that "your black men can't help you". We often speak about the rape that occurred with our women without ever speaking on what was done to the young afrakan boys that were there.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

This is beautiful ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY USSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!! ... :toast: :toast: :toast:

Gett'n to wallow in the WONDERFULLNESSS of Queenie! ... :love:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    :love: @ Destee

Users found this page by searching for:

1. destee.com buck breaking destee.com