Black People : RACE OR COMPLEXION?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by peopleofcolor, Jun 13, 2005.

1. peopleofcolor

peopleofcolor Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    In the words of puff daddy heres another one and another one.....

Complexions=

First is (light skinned, burns easily, never tans) Secound is(light skinned, burns easily, tans some) Third is(light skinned, burns occasionally, tans well) Forth is(light skinned, tans well, rarely burns) Fifth is (brown skinned tans well, burns rarely, can sunburn after prolonged exposure to UVR) Sixth is(black skinned or very dark brown deeply pigmented, can burn after prolonged exposure to UVR) If race was such a big deal why could we all mix? What if all so-called races mixed (i mean everybody on earth), the genes possible that created all races would be in the DNA of us all. You`d see super dark people having white, blue eyed, blonde hair babies. You`d see whites having asian looking babies and asians having dark skinned or white skinned babies. The features would vary. Would it be right if all those babies grew up and chose to hang in groups of those that looked similiar to them just on that basis? Would it also be alright if they adapted to a certain way of thinking, acting, chose a religion, a culture or heritage just on the basis people who looked similiar to them did. Anyway scientist say we all share something like 99.9% of the same genes right now, so you`re only talking about 0.1% of different genes that are dealing with melanin, hair and other superficial differences. Race to me is recessive & dominant or inbetween. Race divides humanity and its just that a race.

(Quick analogy about race) Its like a foot race between all the so-called races and at the end of the race nobody wins because toward the end of the race the ground is covered with land minds. A race to show which race is superior or inferior by their inventions, their wins in war, their ability to conquer others, ect,. will be our downfall....

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Why do people keep coming on here, portraying misogyny as the cure to all of our problems (a message only given to people of color). I have a better question: Instead of asking what would happen if everyone was the same race….why not ask what would happen if everyone loved the race they happened to belong in? Why not teach people that pride in their race, doesn’t mean they have to hate others. Better yet why not teach people they can like people of other races, without hopping into bed with them?

3. MrSolo

MrSolo Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: panafrica

"Better yet why not teach people they can like people of other races, without hopping into bed with them?"

No offense, but freedom of association would probably kill that argument.

4. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I'm not offended in the slightest, I'm quite aware that people will date out side of their race (associate with whom they wish). Frankly I don't care about that. I just object to people coming over given thinly veiled messages off misogny being the cure to racism. That is a theory of white supremacy.

5. FiveAlive

FiveAlive Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Misogyny is hatred against women. I think you meant miscegeny. And white supremacists don't promote miscegeny, you know how many laws they made to prohibit it and how many black folks were hung because of their fears of race mixing? Their greatest desire is to protect the "purity" of their race and avoid mixing with lesser races and creating "mud people".

6. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    FiveAlive:

Thank you for correcting my mispelling; however, when it comes to your belief that widespread miscegeny is not a promotion of white supremacy...you are most definately mistaken. There are more aspects of white supremacy than Klansmen in white hoods, the following article can give you more insight to what I am talking about:

http://www.urbanmozaik.com/2002.jan..._rightwing.html