Black People : Race in America

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MrSolo, Jun 19, 2005.

1. MrSolo

MrSolo Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
  2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Thank you for the link MrSolo, I'll add this to my list of "alternative" black websites (see the sticky thread)!

3. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Thank you for the link MrSolo, I don't see any thing that would be of particular interest to the majority of Destee.com members. However, I'll be happy to add the link to my list of Conservative Black/Interracial "alternative" websites (see the sticky thread)!

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Brother Pan, I do believe that the recent rash of RACE and Black Conservative/MultiRacial threads, and promoting of those websites, points to a conintelpro-like attack on this website...

There are some posters whose only topic of conversation centers on this thing called RACE, which they seem obsessed with, and want to make our obsession... Too bad we fall right into the trap by responding to their nonsense... Are most of us still that confused about whom we are - or are we, like some, looking for a way out of all of this "Black Misery?" Hmmmm...

PEACE!
    Isaiah

5. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    There has been a rash of black conservative/multiracial/let's defeat racism between the sheets thread on here lately....it has not escaped my notice.

6. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    :laugh: LMBAO :laugh:

7. MrSolo

MrSolo Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    As this is an "Open" forum, the link was purely informational only. No one's promoting anything. What is interesting is how "RACE and Black Conservative/MultiRacial threads" ends up being characterized as an obsession in an "Open" forum. Mind you, if it weren't for race - this web site, this forum, this discussion and just about everything else in this genre would probably never even exist, as in mooooooooot. I.e., race is a context, not a vice.

8. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    "There are some posters whose only topic of conversation centers on this thing called RACE, which they seem obsessed with, and want to make our obsession... "

Mr Solo, that is a quote from the post you are referring to, and I stand by it having looked at the many posts by People Of Color, in particular. Your post only reinforces what I am seeing and thinking. My obsession is with my culture, not my complexion, and that is because I know that I AM what I am based who I AM CULTURALLY and Psychologically, not physically...

Clarence Thomas is a turn-coat, sell-out NEGRO because of who he is psychologically, despite his physical appearance... Adam Clayton Powell, despite his physical appearance, was CULTURALLY and Psychologically an African man, and the same can be said for those who ascribe to the MultiRacial(whatever in hell that means)definition of themselves - as if RACE is a reality to them...

Unfortunately, Mr. Solo, too many AFRICAN people ascribe to this political construct constructed for us many moons ago by the Slave master, despite the indisputable scientific evidence that disputes that human beings are stratified like animals into different species of human beings... We cannot wrap our heads around the fact Africans, Europeans, and Asians, for example, are the same people, despite saying in the same breath that all mankind arose in Africa, and peopled the earth... It is really so academic, so symmetrical, in explaining not only the WHO, but the HOW humanity can to be... In short, it is consistent with our reality, but we just wont accept it, because we are trapped in the web of lies that defines the relationship between Africans and Europeans/Hatfields&McCoys...

Well, I accept the Hatfield&McCoy fueding clans thang as real, resaonable, and justifiable, considering the LOOOOOOOONG history of nastiness directed by Europeans at Africans... But I do not accept their eugenic and genetic theories that we are separate RACES... To accept THAT B.S. is to bring into dispute the the known scientific evidence that humanity began in Africa, to ignore the fact that EVERY SINGLE TIME an older and older human remain is found, it is found on the African CONTINENT, the birthplace of HUMANITY... So often does this happen, I don't even believe they look anywhere else for these remains... African people, and African Americans in particular, are going to have to come to grips with our contradictions on this issue... We can't keep talking about we were first, but subscribing to theories of different RACES, and species of humanity...

One thing the scientists all say, and that is NATURE NEVER HAPPENS THE SAME WAY IN DIFFERENT PLACES, or lightining don't strike twice the same way in two different places... The odds are billions to one... We are Who and What we are because of our cultures, which derive more from environmental rather than physical factors... To wit, some of the Darkest African Americans can do White folks better than some White folks, because they've learned their cultural lessons well... The same WOULD be true of some white folks were they to grow up in a totally African American environment like the home I grew up in... They simply would have no other choice but to learn what they were taught... That is the essence of Culture, as it is learned behavior, not so-called racial behavior... One of these days we'll do the math, and realize this zenophobic disease spread around the world by White Folks has infected us, and no one moreso than the so-called Multi-Racials... That's why they're all up in this website with their identity problems, trying to confuse the already confused, Mr. Solo...

Peace!
    Isaiah

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Solo ... thanks for sharing. I didn't see anything wrong with the link, other than it might shooda went in the site promotion forum ... but other than that it's all good.

Please continue sharing with us.

:heart:

Destee

10. MrSolo

MrSolo Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok. I'll use the site promotion forum next time. Thanks much Destee.