Black Spirituality Religion : Ra Un Nefer vs Black Liberation

(omowalejabali) - While I can understand your concern, I would also challenge you and others here to do something similar. Those who have openly trashed the so-called "Abrahamic" faiths, do the same. Face-to-face starting with the Nation of Islam.

the abrahamic faiths have no credibility.

i have nothing but respect for the nation of islam.

the arab prophet muhammad directly claims that a mystery god sent him a message through an angel.

we can look at page one of elijah muhammad's "message to the blackman in america" and the first thing he says is "there is no mystery god".

so let's not pretend that the noi is actually abrahamic; as the entire abrahamic tradition is based on a mystery god that does not exist. the noi used the doctrine that the black man in america was familiar with. you can look at the twists and contortions that honorable men like elijah muhammad and louis farakkhan must jump through to make any type of sense out of the bible and arabic qu'ran. they don't dare read or interpret those books literally as it is nonsense.

from a spiritual standpoint; if a spirit presents you with a message "from god", why should that spirit be trusted, by default?

so not only does the prophet muhammad claim to have recieved his message from an agent of a mystery god that, according to elijah muhammad, does not exist; but the claim of a spiritual intervention does not make the doctrine legitimate or honest.

i disagree with elijah muhammad on a couple issues, mainly regarding traditional african religions; however, i consider the nation of islam "abrahamic" in name only.

it is an organization for which i have alot of respect.

(omowalejabali) - if there is no substance to what he says, why do YOU continue to address him?

what is the point in continuing to do so?

does it strenghten your own position or argument?

in this thread i was encouraging the music man to become a preacher. i think he would find satisfaction in that.

in general, communicating with people you disagree with only helps to expand and clarify one's understanding of things. there is really nothing better than having someone try to knock down one's views/ideas in order to test and appreciate their true strength and understanding.

this is also the same reason why i debate with you :)

if people appreciate the arguments of others rather than blindly attacking, that can only do some good...

nibs said:
(omowalejabali) - While I can understand your concern, I would also challenge you and others here to do something similar. Those who have openly trashed the so-called "Abrahamic" faiths, do the same. Face-to-face starting with the Nation of Islam.

the abrahamic faiths have no credibility.

i have nothing but respect for the nation of islam.

the arab prophet muhammad directly claims that a mystery god sent him a message through an angel.

we can look at page one of elijah muhammad's "message to the blackman in america" and the first thing he says is "there is no mystery god".

so let's not pretend that the noi is actually abrahamic; as the entire abrahamic tradition is based on a mystery god that does not exist. the noi used the doctrine that the black man in america was familiar with. you can look at the twists and contortions that honorable men like elijah muhammad and louis farakkhan must jump through to make any type of sense out of the bible and arabic qu'ran. they don't dare read or interpret those books literally as it is nonsense.

from a spiritual standpoint; if a spirit presents you with a message "from god", why should that spirit be trusted, by default?

so not only does the prophet muhammad claim to have recieved his message from an agent of a mystery god that, according to elijah muhammad, does not exist; but the claim of a spiritual intervention does not make the doctrine legitimate or honest.

i disagree with elijah muhammad on a couple issues, mainly regarding traditional african religions; however, i consider the nation of islam "abrahamic" in name only.

it is an organization for which i have alot of respect.

Let me tell you something. You cannot separate the NOI from ISLAM.

The Hon. Elijah Muhammad taught that ISLAM is the "Black Man's Religion".

When you state that it "has no credibility" again, do you really expect others to not claim the same concerning "Ausarian Religion"?

The NOI today has developed relations with other Muslims in the international community. It leans more to "radical Islam" but it is still Islam the same.

And, rather than argue the point I issue the same challenge.

Those of you who view the other "faiths" as "having no credibility" do the same as that which has been presented to brother music producer. Community forum with Black Muslims, Black Christians and hebrew israelites and Show and Prove them to have "no credibility".

I don't think that outside of this specific website you have any legs to stand on and if you do you would not be standing for very long. MOST Africans have no idea what "Ausarian Religion" is to begin with and on the other hand, those that do, their ancestors rejected it thousands of years ago BY THEIR OWN FREE WILL!

omowalejabali said:
"This is a classic example of attacking the messenger instead of the message."

Which is EXACTLY what you and others have been doing, in some cases, for years.

If you personally attack others, what is to be expected? For those attacks to go unchallenged?

Brother Omo, I have never attacked a particular person on here or anywhere else. I always attack the fallacious message being put forth. I have usually found that people cannot stand having their ideology criticized, even when it has nothing to do with their personal character. When it comes to any debate I engage on African culture, heritage, and history, I whole-heartedly welcome the "challenge" to address the issue, and not an attack on character. However, it usually ends where the person's ideas don't stand up to scientific scrutiny, and so they get frustrated.

omowalejabali said:
You speak of exposing others yet get defensive when others expose or challenge your "religion". Again, what is to be expected?

:uhoh: ...last I checked, I didn't have a religion.

omowalejabali said:
"Not even our greatest African minds would have been able to produce African-centered literature on Egypt if we excluded all written material by Whites."

Yet, you denounce the Quran, the Old testament, the Kebra Nagast, all of which MOST Black people recognize as being written by BLACK PEOPLE!

What does that have to do with anything? Furthermore, the only document you have listed written by African people is the Kebra Nagast. Again, so what? The Old Testament and Qur'an were written by mixed Asiatics (if not Indo-Europeans), and the only reason the Kebra Nagast was written by African people is because Northeast Africa was conquerred by whites in the Roman era, thereby imposing its white religion. The KB is merely an afterthought by Africans who desperately sought inclusion into a White-dominated religion and its respective book.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back