Black Spirituality Religion : R U 4 OR AGAINST GAY PUBLIC SCHOOLS?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Dee_milwaukee, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Dee_milwaukee

Dee_milwaukee Member MEMBER

Student, yurning to be done with school!
    Ratings:
    +0
    The devil is really "booming", ain't he?. He hit below the belt with this one this time.

I'm going to get right to the point--I AM 100% AGAINST IT!!

Simply because, it is directly condoning what GOD is directly against.

GOD said for us to "repent" our sins, not accomodate them.

When an institution is designed to "accomodate" sin---even if they opened up a school for "liars or fornicators" I would be against it as well, because it's submitting to sin.

Is that what GOD wants? If so, in what Bible and what scriptures?

"Dee", from Milwaukee,WI

2. Beautifulzion05

Beautifulzion05 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay...... I am a 15 yr. old "Bi-Sexual" high school student and I totally agree with the idea of GAY PUBLIC SCHOOLS for many reasons 1 because you hvae to remeber that everyone isn't saved in publice school really I can honestly say that the ratio for people that are saved at my school would be 2 out of 10 people so therefore you should not and could not use GOD as a basis for the argument

3. sistahisis

sistahisis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    against because...

i don't think that a child's sexuality should be used as a basis for seperation from the rest of society.

4. Ayaatee

Ayaatee Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    "Excuse me, but the very notion that our 15 year old children are declaring themselves to be bi-sexual is very disconcerting. "

Exactly! Before posting labels on yourself, little one, take some time out to just be [B]you[/B] a little longer.

As for the topic, I would be against it.

5. gempis

gempis Well-Known Member MEMBER

strength coach
    Ratings:
    +32
    OK, hold up. Where and when was there a proposal made for a public school for gay and lesbian children? Link, please.

6. ANGELIC SOUL

ANGELIC SOUL Well-Known Member MEMBER

I gotta a job while I chase my dream
    Ratings:
    +2
    Is there any compassion here?

I am wondering where is the compassion here? A 15 year old posted her feelings about the gay school, and I think she was entitled to her feelings. It causes me distress to see posts that take away from another individuals right to be WHOM they are comfortable in being. It is my opinion that christians as well as some other religions USE the bible to condemn and hang people for thinking outside of that religion. NOT everyone is a christian or believes in the bible. Knowing this, wouldn't it be a good idea to address some issues, even those that may go against your religious doctrine to just be humane about it? I feel there needs to be more compassion givin to individuals instead of condemning them to a life in hell and being cruel to them in a moment of need. Whose to say WE as humans have the answers to life or GOD?? No matter what the bible may say, it was written by a MAN. Not God himself. People could be making a HUGE mistake by slamming others for their choice of sexuality (if it is indeed a choice) instead of just being a loving human being who cares for the plight of the HUMAN race.

7. gempis

gempis Well-Known Member MEMBER

strength coach
    Ratings:
    +32
    *standing ovation*

My sister, you have said it all right here. I applaud you so very much. Thank you. Unfortunately if you look around on these forums you will see not only a great deal of no compassion with regards to this subject, but aggressive hatred. It is so disheartening. The bible was indeed written by humans and not god. I am slowly becoming in favor of prohibiting the topic of gays and lesbians here, because no matter what, the subject will always result in fighting that causes stress to all.

8. Oba Iparankanru

Oba Iparankanru Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    heh, the human race line, amusing, anywhooo though I'm not a big supporter of homos I feel no reason to not give them their own school sometimes it is needed. the bi sexual line is quite trite i hear it thrown around alot lately, just goes to show how much life imitates art, or should i say entertainment

9. SayWord

SayWord Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Not a bright idea

Someone said it would be agood idea because they won't be picked on there or have to worry about getting beat up. I think they'd have to worry about it even more. You go to a gay school. It's like painting a bulls eye on your forehead. Now people who are gay bashers and would love to beat up gay teens, know exactly where to find them. I'm against this. Especially since I'm against all forms of segregation.

10. angelicsage

angelicsage Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    The 50’s all over again…

(although no link was provided, I’d like to offer a view point on this subject anyway)

I must say I personally am against any form of segregation in education for multiple reasons and disagree with a few of the comments above, so here is a condensed version of my view:

1) Christ was/is love and also taught that we should not judge, it is unfortunate that Christians today aren’t as effective in the message of Christ as they could be. As a Christian I fully understand what God considered to be sinful however, I don’t see us attacking liars…and that would be everyone under the sun…Sin has no measure…Sin is Sin. But God is Love and we should first learn to “love” our neighbors as we love ourselves instead of attacking everyone around us.

2) Separating homosexual students only promotes division and may even create a since of superiority among homosexual students as well as create a false world. I feel the goal should not be to separate but to integrate youth into society as intelligent, responsible, compassionate, tolerant and humane individuals.

3) The last thing we need is to create the 50’s all over again…rest assure their would be an uprising of hate groups because of their lack of exposure and understanding of those different from themselves but with the advancement of technology and education…these groups would prove to be more organized, strategic and deadly in their mission. Conversely there would be and even stronger uprising of supporters of the homosexual community…creating an outright war of sorts.

4) I don’t believe the discussion of a separate homosexual school has a “direct correlation to the message of Christ” but I do feel it has more to do with the type of individuals we are placing into our society.

5) One more thing….In regard to the teen that referred to themselves as bi-sexual…(and not to attack this person) but I have a small problem with individuals who place themselves into one or two categories. There are many aspects of an individuals personality; I think it is important for youth to discover all of the skill sets and qualities that one has…not just “one” which happens to be controversial in nature and then build their life around that….One should never be able to sum oneself into one or two words…unless is something like “compassionate human”…for example.

6) Let’s first begin to look at each other as human and then begin to look even closer at the human/humane condition…I think we will find that our actions toward our fellow man would be more productive, unifying (and since “religion” is so important whenever this topic is discussed)…more conversant to the true message of Christ. Let us not forget his words… “Forgive them father…for they know not what they do”…I think this applies to us all…

I realize that I may be attacked for posting this…but “such is life”…

What I do hope is that I have not offended anyone but helped someone to see beyond their own individual initiatives…for the greater good of humanity & society as a whole.